Video Games

peppy said:
Laguna21 said:
This pic isn't the greatest, but here are 2 raspberry pi emulators inside gameboy shells, you can see the smaller one is super tiny next to the GBA game for scaling reference ;)

A lot of hobbyists are getting into making these portables now all over IG

So still play a lot of games via emulators

HG2fbda.jpg

If you (or your kids) are into electronics, I would suggest tackling the PiGRRL as a project.

https://www.adafruit.com/product/3014

that looks like a very cool project! I'm not very good at those things, I had one guy design those customs for me from IG - the biggest thing I have ever done was re-shell a Gameboy Advance SP, and that was super difficult for me. Very tedious work! But that looks like a great project for someone into this stuff.

How long does this expensive nostalgic time warp last?  Do you play daily?  I don't mind a quick trip down memory lane with some YouTube videos, but spending that much for games I have zero interest anymore doesn't make sense.  I rather cherish the good memories :)

ps9 said:
How long does this expensive nostalgic time warp last?  Do you play daily?  I don't mind a quick trip down memory lane with some YouTube videos, but spending that much for games I have zero interest anymore doesn't make sense.  I rather cherish the good memories :)

Leave those memories unspoiled by not revisiting old games.

ps9 said:

You could be in the minority on that one, but it all depends on your age :)

I happen to be in the age bracket where a lot of us who enjoyed NES, SNES and Genesis and PlayStation games back in our childhood are revisiting them again via these handhelds. It really is all the rage right now, just go to IG and you'll see.

I've also been a huge gamer my entire life, and work in the industry, so that might be it too ;)

I think if anything games around the NES, SNES, and Genesis era have aged very well. PlayStation games on the other hand have not. So I tend to revisit the old 2D classics.

To each their own! I think a lot of gaming now is very overrated, and a lot less creativity goes into big budget games, slinging the same clones repeatedly gets dull. I can only tolerate so many COD's, and other similar clones repeatedly recycled over and over.

Even SW battlefront, as beautiful as it was, was a major disappointment.

As far as time spent, b/c I work in the industry, not much but time divided, probably 40% retro, 60% new games, but only the superb new ones like The Witness, Gone Home, and really good games. None of the clone garbage.

I just picked up a new Super Nintendo Classic Edition. I hear it?s so hard to get one. (Very hot, maybe the hottest thing during the holidays)
;)

USCTrojanCPA said:
I haven't place a video game since GTA5...looking forward to the next one coming out.

GT virtual reality for PS4 bundle (VR headset and game) for $189 @ B&H photo  no tax

eyephone said:
GT virtual reality for PS4 bundle (VR headset and game) for $189 @ B&H photo  no tax

The PS VR headset is really bad, not sure it?s worth the money. The resolution and refresh rate are much lower than other VR headsets on the market and you will probably get motion sickness much faster with the PS VR.

I personally preferred 3.0 because of the Star Wars content. it's really up to your personal preference

We should have a TI Fortnite Battle Royale......Everyone live in the GP will get a chance to take out BTB.  :)

Liar Loan said:
Wow... All you rich Irvine lawyers/doctors/IT execs have enough free time for video games?

They probably work like 10am-3pm and I'm sure they will have a off day during the week.

Back