Video camera to monitor child - thoughts?

rkp

we toured open houses yesterday and saw something that was new to me.  in one of the houses, each of the children's rooms had a camera mounted on the ceiling and i assume the parents can see into each room.  i have a baby and a baby monitor and i get having a camera for a very young child but i have never seen cameras in slightly older kids rooms.  this particular room looked like it belonged to a 5 year old and it felt odd to me. 

i honestly can't imagine having our baby monitor in baby's room past age 2, maybe even age 3 but wanted to see what others thought. 

i have a DLink DCS-1130 to monitor my dogs while im at work.

maybe it is not a child monitoring thing, but a security thing? i know with the camera i bought, i can get one for each room and i would be able to see up to 32 cameras on one screen.

I suggest moving this thread to the Tech section...

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.tappytaps.android.babymonitoralarm.full&hl=en
Jn30zlothVVvPS-Dm2bPrTlmsrNSWXnX9Fa5kWH03hzmFgVmH4gzkG6KK7x7-fnS0x4

uQ_jE9BaejKB0x0Ms6bXkD4CfW2nd2asVqZYcX3a95QXnhkaCr1cEj8aCFYIp3hFeTE

2gN2eZGwQmBFAjEJ71Pw0a63ibYq4cgmSQXoVLUl5Sl0zDvQbXkB4JBJKl3Kaqx2Ynw

QLBLprQfbRTxzbuch0eOIuP2djZf7ex5S8iePGBx-KI7k7pPbe1SZkG-1DKPB9MUFA

My son is almost 3 and we will continue to use a monitor indefinably; we've been protective of his sleep since 6-months old, and check on his sleep almost obsessively... yes we still keep track of how long his naps are on a daily basis and adjust his bed-time to correspond...

Back