Veterans Cemetery coming to Irvine

The California Court Company said:
Yup. more affordable housing in Irvine is a good thing. People like SoCal now will be able to buy in Irvine. It will also help offset the white flight trend. 

All the whites will be in GP by the cemetery.

test said:
Yup. more affordable housing in Irvine is a good thing. People like SoCal now will be able to buy in Irvine. It will also help offset the white flight trend. 

So test, are you upgrading Portola Springs and downgrading GP due to the cemetary?

eyephone said:
test said:

So test, are you upgrading Portola Springs and downgrading GP due to the cemetary?

Cemetery downgrades PS even more since now you'll need to drive by the cemetery every day just to get home to PS.  GP is definitely a goner.  This further upgrades CV, WB, SG which are all TIC properties and will all go the HS #6, part of TIC's master plan it seems to me.

test said:
Those pdf documents on dropbox are apparently being mailed out to registered voters who indicated a Chinese ethnicity. We received a paper copy of them at my household. It is interesting how voters with a Chinese background are being targeted in this election. We've received several mailers that were so targeted and claimed that certain candidates were anti-Chinese, etc, etc.

As a person of Irish ancestry, I've been waiting for a leprechaun pamphlet to arrive in my mailbox to tell me how to vote. Sadly none has appeared. I guess I'll have to decide for myself.

Definitely not voting for Agran.  When he promised that the great park would be to Irvine what Central Park is to NY, I definitely did not imagine a cemetery to be part of the vision.  Very disappointed in our councilmen.  Are they representing the residents of Irvine or just pulling a move for popularity?  It's just morbid to have kids playing next to the cemetery. I live close to the park and very disappointed that my representatives did not vote on my or my community's interest. I hope he is not re-elected.

Agran knows public opinion is not on his side; it is really difficult to justify 200+ millions with a giant balloon, a handful of Palm trees and a couple of soccer fields. He is trying to win votes by getting veterans' support and using the slow growth slogan. Probably a calculated move as the number of PP residents is probably smaller than veterans and their family.

test said:
Cemetery downgrades PS even more since now you'll need to drive by the cemetery every day just to get home to PS.  GP is definitely a goner.  This further upgrades CV, WB, SG which are all TIC properties and will all go the HS #6, part of TIC's master plan it seems to me.

PS resident doesn't really need to pass by the cemetery to go home unless they come from the Lake Forest / Foothill Ranch area through Irvine Blvd and this goes the same for CV, WB and SG resident.  With regards to distance to the cemetery, direct distance wise, most part of PS is about the same direct distance with CV and WB, so am not really sure how the cemetery would downgrade PS but upgrade CV and WB.

I think Test meant this:
Portola High/HS#5 is next to the cemetery. GP neighborhoods are assigned to HS#5, for certain.

IUSD will have to build HS#6 in the future, and CV/SG/WB (TIC hoods) are probably going to be assigned to HS#6, so not proximate to the cemetery.

GH said:
test said:

PS resident doesn't really need to pass by the cemetery to go home unless they come from the Lake Forest / Foothill Ranch area through Irvine Blvd and this goes the same for CV, WB and SG resident.  With regards to distance to the cemetery, direct distance wise, most part of PS is about the same direct distance with CV and WB, so am not really sure how the cemetery would downgrade PS but upgrade CV and WB.

I think the question is.. what can be done to reverse it since it's already been signed off by Gov. Brown? 

The State can't force Irvine to build a cemetery if the local jurisdiction and politicians decide to overturn the decision if it is culturally unfit and has a negative land use effect.

who can take this thing to the Interwebs?  I see the petitions going around.. but nothing online yet.  Someone start one and send it to our new council!

Back