Vantis/Latitudes Aliso Viejo

That project just lays there like a dead body. Who every is going to pay $$$$ per SF proves there are bigger fools out there.

My .02c

Soylent Green Is People

Considering that newer resale condos in the area sell for around $300/sf, Shea will really need to find some suckers....err buyers who believe that they are steps away from sharing a double mocha with friends and the latest blockbuster while taking a stroll along tree-lined streets. haha What a bunch of marketing hot air.

[quote author="Soylent Green Is People"]That project just lays there like a dead body. Who every is going to pay $$$$ per SF proves there are bigger fools out there.

My .02c

Soylent Green Is People[/quote]
My question is how will Shea ever find an appraiser dumb enough to try to comp out those units and a lender who will accept that appraisal as the gospel truth.

[quote author="irvinian"]Seriously, do they think they are the Irvine Company?[/quote]

Possible

[quote author="gld42"]
[quote author="irvinian"]Seriously, do they think they are the Irvine Company?[/quote]

Possible [/quote]

Maybe, or maybe they have PE money to answer to?

[quote author="graphrix"]
[quote author="gld42"]

Possible [/quote]

Maybe, or maybe they have PE money to answer to? [/quote]

I've been digging around to see who might be the money in this project or have a stake in Shea in general but haven't been able to come up with a shot caller yet.

Personally I'd like to see some private or even public "vulture" groups come online to take inventory like this off of the market and resell or redevelop it at reduced prices. Investors would benefit, Shea gets the crap off of its books, and consumers would benefit from getting access to affordable new construction, either in an ownership or rental role.

This has the possibility of beating the current strategy of having GSE's buying everything and holding it forever, until someday inflation magically catches up with the price and evens everything out, or suddenly a new crop of high income earners, who just happen to like undersized living spaces, sprout out of nowhere. People talked alot last year about "money on the sidelines," well I get the feeling there is tons of money on the sidelines that would go into housing, but since income still doesn't meet purchase price, nor does free cash flow rental investment make any sense, it just sits there waiting, just like this Vantis project.

This project just seems to fit in the category as the $1200 HOA towers all over Orange County that just sit there accumulating dust.

If they took their prices down to 300K I'd consider making an offer, even on one of those annoying tandem garage models. I got the down payment and a well-paying job at a stable company, plus tons of cash and collateral to cover it. (Not trying to inflate myself but just saying that I'd be a qualified buyer ready to go and I'm sure there are plenty in my situation that they are missing out on).

I like the location and the neighborhood but can't justify the crazy prices. I noticed that alot of the models are listed as "temporarily" sold out. What does that mean anyway? Taken off the shelf?

Man, maybe I should have asked to work remotely when I had the chance and bought a 200K pad out in the desert, it would definitely be cheaper to buy in that situation than rent (assuming cooling costs didn't get ridiculous).

Maybe they are waiting on QE4 from the Fed or something.

Necroing this thread.

Well I ended up buying in Aliso and got a great deal on a detached condo, I am really loving it so far.

Mad props to USCTrojanCPA for guiding me through the process, I am going to start another thread on that later as a reference.

By the way, all my coworkers and friends think the housing bottom must be in because of how conservative I am, I think there is some more depreciation ahead and a continuing bottoming process, but I'm okay with a 10% additional drop even.

As far as Vantis, looks like they just rolled out another addition called Encore, I think they did away with the tandem garages and prices are in the mid 300s

Back