Union Market - Food/Retail Hall in The District, Tustin

Things not looking good for Union Market:
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/market-651807-union-youngs.html

Since October, a dessert shop has been evicted, while three other stores ? Timree, Olive Oil & Beyond and Honey & Butter ? have bailed. The olive oil shop abruptly moved out Monday. The Kroft, Kettlebar and three eateries from well-regarded restaurateur Leonard Chan also are not open at the marketplace, which was designed to house roughly 20 storefronts.

According to the article, the couple behind Union Market has also had trouble with their previous 2 projects, OC Mix and Market LV.

Interesting.  I've never been inside. Seems like a hassle to stop by before/after Costco/target/WF runs. Even if it's portola coffee. I'm not surprised timree closed. I've been to her newport studio for paint classes and that seems like an odd location unless she was just using it to sell art. They should just scrap the whole thing and convert the building into another montessori ;)

So I've been here recently, despite what the website says, the only eateries I saw open were:

Kettlebar (Cajun food)
The Kroft (comfort food, sandwiches and poutines which is fries with cheese curds, gravy, and other toppings)
M2P: Market 2 Plate (fresh pastas and salads)
Portola Coffee
Front Porch Pops (ice cream place but was closed)
Crepe Coop (sweet crepes, no savory ones, and kind of an ice cream shop)

The website says there is supposed to be Hatch (sliders), Churned Creamery (ice cream) and Dirty Cookie (cookie cups you pour milk into) but I couldn't find them (admittedly wasn't looking very hard).

I've been to Kettlebar and The Kroft (mmm... fried cheese curds) but not really a place to be at like the Anaheim Packing House.

Churned Creamery has these ice cream stuffed croissants that look amazing - kinda like Afters but probably better textures.  One for Junk Fooding thread indeed.

WTTCHMN said:
aquabliss said:
Churned Creamery has these ice cream stuffed croissants that look amazing - kinda like Afters but probably better textures.  One for Junk Fooding thread indeed.

AFTERS was recently closed by the health department.
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/jan-701068-suspended-permit.html

When it's suspended and reinstated in the same day I don't think they even close.  Says Insufficient Hot Water, much better than the roaches they found at Thanh Kieu.

I've been waiting for this place to open up. It's about time.

I've gone to the churned creamery ice cream place like 4 times in the last month. Would highly recommend. The creamery and churned creamery are my go to ice cream places right now.

qwerty said:

I've gone to the churned creamery ice cream place like 4 times in the last month. Would highly recommend. The creamery and churned creamery are my go to ice cream places right now.

I believe Churned Creamery has a groupon available right now. 

paydawg said:
qwerty said:

I believe Churned Creamery has a groupon available right now. 

Can you provide us a link?  :)

qwerty said:
USC - I tried the bananas foster over the weekend. It was excellent

Ok, I'm going there this weekend, rain or shine.  haha  Any other flavors you recommend?  I'm a big black cherry fan (Thriftys Ice Cream is to blame). 

Thanks for the link JT! 

Back