Two-car crash leaves man critically injured, mother and child hurt in Irvine

The photos of the accident look pretty bad. I think the speed limit is around ~45mph but people drive much faster going down the hill along Portola. Be careful out there.

Wow. I heard the helicopter flying near PS last night and saw a few police cars speeding through the neighborhood. I thought they were looking for a criminal or something. I hope everyone is OK.

When IUSD decided to swap the original site of PS elementary with TIC for the current site, a lot of parents were concerned about the speed of the cars on that section of Portola Speedway.

Happiness said:
When IUSD decided to swap the original site of PS elementary with TIC for the current site, a lot of parents were concerned about the speed of the cars on that section of Portola Speedway.

The city has reduced the speed along that section of Portola and created 25 mph school speed zones when children are present.

If you live in the area and have concerns about speeding/traffic, let IPD know:

Portola Area Lieutenant Michael Kent
949-724-7059
mkent@cityofirvine.org

Heard that it was a road rage accident. The truck drove through the gates of lambert ranch chasing someone. But maybe someone can confirm.

bones said:
Heard that it was a road rage accident. The truck drove through the gates of lambert ranch chasing someone. But maybe someone can confirm.

Don't know for a fact if it was road rage (I've heard yes, it was), but I can confirm that the truck drove through the exit side of Lambert Ranch Road, did a U-turn at the guard house, drove the wrong way through the guest arm-gate (breaking it), and drove out the entry way of Lambert Ranch Road, striking a car driving on Portola Parkway.

NYT said:
bones said:

Don't know for a fact if it was road rage (I've heard yes, it was), but I can confirm that the truck drove through the exit side of Lambert Ranch Road, did a U-turn at the guard house, drove the wrong way through the guest arm-gate (breaking it), and drove out the entry way of Lambert Ranch Road, striking a car driving on Portola Parkway.

Sounds like DUI vs road rage. I'm sure there is some video from the LR guard house.

iacrenter said:
NYT said:
bones said:

Sounds like DUI vs road rage. I'm sure there is some video from the LR guard house.

Yes, there's video.

Back