TV

I don't have time for links today but just a head's up that there are 2 new shows where the cast members are from Irvine. One is "Teenage Newlyweds". The couple attends UCI and is planning to buy a condo near campus. The second show is "Arranged" (it's about arranged marriages). The couple lives in a townhome in Irvine.

SoCal said:
I don't have time for links today but just a head's up that there are 2 new shows where the cast members are from Irvine. One is "Teenage Newlyweds". The couple attends UCI and is planning to buy a condo near campus. The second show is "Arranged" (it's about arranged marriages). The couple lives in a townhome in Irvine.

What network are these on?

ps9 said:
Stranger Things on Netflix, my next project, like a scary Goonies with no Cyndi Lauper :)

You're right about the similarity to Goonies and it also reminds me of another Steven Spielberg's movie, Super 8.

Just watch the first 2 episodes and I'm hooked.

A couple more shows currently airing that are filmed in O.C.:

"90 Day Fiance": Jorge & his family met up at TAPS in the Irvine Marketplace. They also showed them eating at the Silver Trumpet in Costa Mesa, etc.

"Born This Way": Half the cast is from O.C. and half from L.A. Two of them, Sean & Steven, rented an AirBnB house in Irvine. An episode was filmed in it as well as exterior shots. Also, Sean works at the Home Depot in Lake Forest near Foothill Ranch, across from Etnies. His parents live in Tijeras Creek. They show lots of scenes at the Tijeras Creek golf course.

Gomorrah just completed its season 1 on Sundance Channel. This is one of the very best crime shows I've ever seen, up there with The Wire and Breaking Bad.

Designated Survivor is a pretty good watch, also liked Son of Zorn, though I'm not sure why, not my typical kind of show but it does take place in the OC.

ps9 said:
Designated Survivor is a pretty good watch

Yeah, mostly agree, but I am still waiting for Jack Bauer to show up and start yelling and kicking ass.  >:D
It's nice to have Maggie Q for some eye candy.

Anyone watching 90 Day Fiance? It's the show about people coming over on a K-1 Visa. You have to get married within 90 days or else return home.

In my 30-something years of T.V. watching, I don't think I've ever been so shocked watching any show as I was last night when the reunion show aired. Mohammed made the most degrading, humiliating claims against his estranged wife, Danielle, dealing with their sex life. I'm still in shock about his claims and that they aired it. No woman OR man deserves to be talked about like this and treated like this by their spouse, telling the world in graphic detail exactly how disgusting you are in bed. I haven't felt very sorry for her up until now since she brings most of her problems upon herself. However, I did get a little choked up watching it because I felt so bad for her.  :'(

hqdefault.jpg

This show looks right up my alley (we love watching Married at First Sight).  Is this season over now?

1 more episode to go. Part II of the Reunion. The previews look pretty wild. Gosh, TLC is such a freakshow of a network. But I can't look away.

Aquabliss, are the firefighter and his wife still on M.A.F.S.? I think their names were Jason & Courtney, if I recall.

SoCal said:
Aquabliss, are the firefighter and his wife still on M.A.F.S.? I think their names were Jason & Courtney, if I recall.

Was this first or second season?  I only watched Season's 3 and 4....

Back