Tustin Ranch Extension to open by end of November

I read that last week. I hope it does open as scheduled by the end of November. All the traffic signals are up. This will make my 8 minute drive to costco/target a less than 5 minute drive.

Does this mean we will be getting the irvine riff raff in Tustin?

ive been seeing a lot of activity on saturdays, so im inclined to believe they will open in November, on the 24th as test mentioned. what isnt done yet and not sure how long it takes is the onramp when you are heading east on edinger, i havent seen any asphalt there yet. Valencia to tustin Ranch is done, and tustin ranch down to the district is done, those are my main concern.

ps9 said:
What's the speed limit?  Hopefully like jamboree at 60 mph :)

coming south on tustin ranch road right after you cross edinger there is a light, so if you hit that, you wont be able to up to 60 before you hit the district.

Went to Taco Bell on barranca and was heading north on Tustin ranch road, one of those flashing construction signs said road opens 11/24.

qwerty said:
what isnt done yet and not sure how long it takes is the onramp when you are heading east on edinger, i havent seen any asphalt there yet.

Hopefully they decided to drop that ramp.  It always seemed out of place to me. 

Here's the latest development plan.

Development+Update+2013.jpg

Not sure if that on ramp will get built. The top of the on ramp where it meets tustin ranch road is fenced off. Also, there doesn't appear to be a merge lane on Tustin ranch road for this  but can't tell. The indentations on the sidewalk and median on both sides of edinger suggest there was a plan (I think) for an on ramp. Agree, it does seem out of place though.

Perhaps it was just put there for ease of access for the construction crews?

I feel sorry for those residents north of Edinger who are now going to have tons of traffic passing by their homes... but I guess they are used to it because of the trains.

Taken this overpass a few times... it's a better road to take to get to Tustin from Irvine than Jamboree in the afternoon/evening.

Jamboree gets packed during that time so it's much more convenient.

And when coming back on the 5, it's a convenient way to get to the District.

Back