Tustin Legacy New Homes

Just passed by the area today, and it looks like the earthmovers have been busy.  Not a ton of activity, but I do see more hardware being driven in.

Wait.. the StanPac homes back Jamboree?  So possible a car or semi can be careening down jamboree.. veer right for some reason, and land on top of your house?  No wall can stop a car/semi going 70 mph in a 60 mph zone.  No wonder the setbacks are huge for the homes hugging jamboree... I would opt for a truck runaway ramp in the backyard instead of a CA room.. just a yard full of sand and gravel...like the ones you see going to Vegas.

stanpac_zpsf9c42539.jpg

You couldn't pay me to live in a house that backs Jamboree.  My house currently backs Edinger and I'm ready to get the hell outta dodge.  Jamboree will be 100x worse.

Test posted the mello roos. for a 3,000 sq ft home it will be in the 4,000-4,5000 range. im guessing the HOA will be low $100s

toady13 said:
What do you estimate the HOA and mello roos here to be?

Your guess is as good as mine.  HOA will start high (probably $200/mth for SFR, higher for attached properties with sub-assoc), then drop to about $100 after completion.  Mello roos will depend on the land leases, but it's probably going to be in the $4000-7000 range depending on the square footage in the home.  Overall property tax should come out to around 1.8-1.9% of the purchase price, based on Columbus Square's numbers.

gasman said:
  Mello roos will depend on the land leases, but it's probably going to be in the $4000-7000 range depending on the square footage in the home. 

what do you mean land leases?

more homes coming to tustin legacy, this is like great park 2.0
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/homes-657310-legacy-tustin.html

"Under original plans, Tustin Legacy would have had up to 4,601 homes and 11.3 million square feet of nonresidential space at build out. If the new plan is approved, the community would have up to 6,813 homes and 9.5 million square feet of nonresidential space.

The biggest changes are proposed for 271 acres surrounding the new Anton Legacy apartments and Greenwood single-family housing community, north to Edinger Avenue, plus another 124 acres around the Amalfi Apartments.

Original plans allowed for up to 2,105 homes and 3.3 million square feet of commercial development in those two areas. The new plan calls for up to 4,486 homes and 1.7 million square feet of commercial space, with numbers also shifting slightly in other parts of the community.

Those changes shouldn?t affect overall traffic volume in the area, the report states, since the increase in housing density is offset by a decrease in commercial density. The change was still enough to trigger a requirement for a supplemental environmental impact report, though."

gasman said:
qwerty said:
"Those changes shouldn?t affect overall traffic volume in the area, the report states..."

LOL.

Yeah right? That is like two more columbus squares. Well I guess those extra homes will ensire there is enough kids for the elementary school to open some time in the next 10 years

qwerty said:
Yeah right? That is like two more columbus squares. Well I guess those extra homes will ensire there is enough kids for the elementary school to open some time in the next 10 years

It's going to get testy, especially once Armstrong, Warner, and all the other access points are opened up.

Heritage will open soon...it'll just have population of students consisting of 10% CS residents, 10% non-CS Tustin residents, and 80%..."other".

Back