Turkey 2015

I made a Nutella Cream Pie. Yummm. Can't buy this one anywhere! It's nontraditional but family requests it every Thanksgiving. Best use of Nutella ever.

SoCal said:
I made a Nutella Cream Pie. Yummm. Can't buy this one anywhere! It's nontraditional but family requests it every Thanksgiving. Best use of Nutella ever.

You can buy it at Coco's.  It's a seasonal flavor called Hazelnut Supreme.  IHO & qwerty should call ahead to check for availability.

SoCal said:
ps9 said:
...my BIL also ordered a KFC fried turkey, it's gonna be a throw down with my brined hickory smoked turkey.

And the winner is....??

Here's my brined kamado hickory smoked 4 hr turkey
D95240E6-E9C4-492D-AF14-5E4E41FA8825_zps0pg8ammq.jpg

Here's my turkey next to KFCs
1837C3A6-01C7-439F-A56D-88F3521EDEF7_zps0oqrljks.jpg

Both were pretty good.  Got lots of good feedback on mine.  I learned a lot.  Probably cook it breast up the first 2 hours and then breast down for the last 2 hours to get more uniform cooking.  Good smoke flavor, brine helped since I was worried cooking the bird that long will dry out but surprisingly it didn't.  I think I got the turkey responsibility for thanksgiving from now on. 

KFC one was ok, wasn't what I expected, not sure but I was thinking more of the battered fried chicken except it would be a battered turkey..  Come to think of it, I doubt you can batter and fry a whole turkey, would be kinda weird.  The meat was tender, not sure if it is worth the price tag.  If I would to buy out, I would still go with Boston Market. 

WTTCHMN said:
SoCal said:

You can buy it at Coco's.  It's a seasonal flavor called Hazelnut Supreme.  IHO & qwerty should call ahead to check for availability.

Completely different pie.

You guys really enjoy life. I just got  a couple of smoked turkey legs from Walmart and went for shopping right after brief dinner.

ukuoy said:
You guys really enjoy life. I just got  a couple of smoked turkey legs from Walmart and went for shopping right after brief dinner.

No turkey for me, just went to Sam Woo and picked up some soy sauce chicken and roast duck.  :p :p

Back