Trivia #22

bkshopr_IHB

The very first front courtyard tract house plan in Orange County. An "L" shape plan does not qualify to define a courtyard by just 2 walls. (U shape plan)

[quote author="bkshopr" date=1252724764]The very first front courtyard tract house plan in Orange County. An "L" shape plan does not qualify to define a courtyard by just 2 walls. (U shape plan)</blockquote>

The Vineyards in Foothill Ranch and Coronado in Aliso Viejo was some of the first courtyard style townhomes attached and Los Abincos in RSM was the first courtyard detached condo project that had a common courtyard. All of these homes the courtyard was where the garages where and a common driveway. These where all built in the early to mid 90's. But that is my guess as there could have been something built before. I think that is the question your asking but if i am off explain further what you are asking.

[quote author="OCCOBRA" date=1252732355][quote author="bkshopr" date=1252724764]The very first front courtyard tract house plan in Orange County. An "L" shape plan does not qualify to define a courtyard by just 2 walls. (U shape plan)</blockquote>

The Vineyards in Foothill Ranch and Coronado in Aliso Viejo was some of the first courtyard style townhomes attached and Los Abincos in RSM was the first courtyard detached condo project that had a common courtyard. All of these homes the courtyard was where the garages where and a common driveway. These where all built in the early to mid 90's. But that is my guess as there could have been something built before. I think that is the question your asking but if i am off explain further what you are asking.</blockquote>

The Vineyard by John Laing in Foothill Ranch and Recreation Group's Los Abanico in RSM were a cluster of homes forming a courtyard.

My trivia is for a single house plan with a U shape frontal courtyard. This project was the first to demonstrate a house could be attractive and inviting. Builders and developers began to assess their garage placement priority.

Back then a company with just a mediocre reputation like Van Deale Homes of the Inland Empire built this project in OC. It is in Marina Hills built in 1994.

You guessed the builder correctly but not the project. Cabo Del Mar did not offer a frontal courtyard and it was an 80's tract solution.

[quote author="USCTrojanCPA" date=1252836804]Wow, I suck at these BK trivia posts. :(</blockquote>

That is Ok. Others are really diligent with google fu.

Palacio Tract? I also found some other homes built with courtyards. The Heights by Monarch which was a possibility. Montrachet by ??? (Harshbarger Construction Corporation) and a tract called Vistara by A-M Homes.

Back