Trellis Versus California Room Versus Conservatory

Blue714

Hi, Attached is a pic of my backyard measurements of the house I just signed up for this week -- Wanted to get some suggestions from all of you on how best to utilize the space -- Which do you suggest ? -- Trellis Versus California Room Versus Conservatory -- We love the Conservatory but at same time feel that it will eat up the already small backyard -- Taking the attached measurements into consideration please give your thoughts / advise -- both from a Real estate appreciation as well as a quality of living aspect.

Thanks in Advance for all your suggestions.

Blue

Attachments

• Backyard_layout.JPG
    Backyard_layout.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 203
A conservatory or sun room would increase your usable indoor-ish space.  It's nice to sip tea and read the paper in the sun room.  It can also double as a mix-use greenhouse for some plants.

The Trellis can be built up against your back wall, assuming it gets sun there.  I have mine built with about 1.5 ft distance from the side wall with 3-wires.  In retrospect I should have built the trellis higher with 5 wires, it would have offered better privacy in the yard since the side walls are kinda low.

One benefit with trellis plants like grape and passion fruit is that you only need to water at one spot, while the vines will grow across your yard.  Google "passion fruit flower", they're big like orchids.

Back