Toxic Marine Base in Irvine

IHS - you have to remember, to most folks here, the low/lower income folks of santa ana/anaheim = criminals, throw in the hispanic element and well, its down right a terror zone.  the fact of the matter is that most of those folks are normal law abiding citizens.

Irvine is definitely very safe, cant argue that. but to say santa ana and anaheim are dangerous is definitely a stretch. 

if possible, we would all like to live in new stucco dream homes on spacious 3K sq ft lots with nicely manicured streets and parks, spacious motor courts, etc, but the lack thereof doesnt make a place dangerous.

I guess all cities compared to Irvine are unsafe relatively or property size are huge and spacious comparatively. Or penis size are ginormous outside of the city's demographic. You live in Tustin don't you? 

irvinehomeshopper said:
I guess all cities compared to Irvine are unsafe relatively or property size are huge and spacious comparatively. Or penis size are ginormous outside of the city's demographic. You live in Tustin don't you? 

Correct.

irvinehomeshopper said:
Prior to construction builders lined a non permeable membrane "Liquid Boot" between the original soil and backfill. The barrier is unbreakable even with a nail pounded into it. It is extremely elastic. Vertical loading such as as foundation, house structure and live load do not compromise the structural integrity of this liner. I would definitely choose this over landfill runoff. What are my other choices? Brake dust pollution, prison adjacency, jet fuel mist, train or freeway noise, electric magnetic field or FCB neighbors. Apparently, they are all lot premiums.

Let us look over your list, regarding PP:

Superfund Site (my addition):Check
Prison adjacency:Check
Landfills: Check Check. Two landfills are located on the base, they are closed but in use during the 1940's to 1960's. 
Brake Dust/Freeway Noise: Check, the 133 and 5 are next to the GP, granted though only the 133 is next to PP.
FCB Neighbors: Check, this is still Irvine.
I am not really sure how you even measure some of your other complaints, such as EMF or Jet Fuel Mist. PP is certainly hitting quite a few of your not wanting to live next to requirements besides being a superfund site. 

jwinston2 said:
irvinehomeshopper said:
Prior to construction builders lined a non permeable membrane "Liquid Boot" between the original soil and backfill. The barrier is unbreakable even with a nail pounded into it. It is extremely elastic. Vertical loading such as as foundation, house structure and live load do not compromise the structural integrity of this liner. I would definitely choose this over landfill runoff. What are my other choices? Brake dust pollution, prison adjacency, jet fuel mist, train or freeway noise, electric magnetic field or FCB neighbors. Apparently, they are all lot premiums.

Landfills: Check Check. Two landfills are located on the base, they are closed but in use during the 1940's to 1960's. 
Brake Dust/Freeway Noise: Check, the 133 and 5 are next to the GP, granted though only the 133 is next to PP.
I am not really sure how you even measure some of your other complaints, such as EMF or Jet Fuel Mist. PP is certainly hitting quite a few of your not wanting to live next to requirements besides being a superfund site. 
Great, now PP is going to up their prices by 10% since you pointed out all these lot premiums.

jwinston2 said:
irvinehomeshopper said:

Does one really need to read past the first item? Superfund site, even i wouldnt buy there.

Just delete the "d" from the superfund site and the FCBs would be all over it. Even if the "d" is left in they still see the site as premium considering all the pollutions they inhaled and consumed in the mainland. If Great Park really want to be successful then paint "LV" on the orange balloon.

irvinehomeshopper said:
Just delete the "d" from the superfund site and the FCBs would be all over it. Even if the "d" is left in they still see the site as premium considering all the pollutions they inhaled and consumed in the mainland. If Great Park really want to be successful then paint "LV" on the orange balloon.
To be honest - maybe they don't know the history. They just know about good schools or shall I say "goo schools"

FCBs will have no clue. Superfund in the Chinese translation means lots of money. Honor Farm are for the high achievers working side by side with regular farmers during the Cultural Revolution. Landfill means dumping concrete and rocks along the shore to make more land. A lot with premium means the lot is superior to other lots. Altura sounds like Armani. Great park sounds like Great Hall of Mao. Woodbury sounds like Burberry.

eyephone said:
irvinehomeshopper said:
To be honest - maybe they don't know the history. They just know about good schools or shall I say "goo schools"

irvinehomeshopper said:
If Great Park really want to be successful then paint "LV" on the orange balloon.

This just in: Irvine's upcoming village, Laguna Ventana has already sold out, before even having been released.

IrvineRealtor said:
irvinehomeshopper said:
If Great Park really want to be successful then paint "LV" on the orange balloon.

This just in: Irvine's upcoming village, Laguna Ventana has already sold out, before even having been released.
Is that why Las Ventanas seemed to be one of the faster selling Portola Springs tracts?

20_SB13002633_8_1357693452_636x435.jpg

Model home like this one would sell even better than La Ventana or Laguna Ventana

Back