The Vine at Portola Springs

pjs4x4

I went to check out the Vine at Portola Springs and it looked interesting. I noticed that the plan 1 that is currently selling is in phase 2 while the other units are on phase 3 or 4. Is it normal that builders move on to other phases even though a particular plan has not sold? Would they let it get to the final phase even though a plan in the beginning phases has not sold? Does it indicate that the plan is not as marketable as  other plans?

Also, how do waiting lists work? I am currently pre-approved for a plan but am #3 in line. The problem is that there are only 2 more units (3 more units counting the model) in the whole development of the plan that I want. So no matter what happens with the 2 other units, I am in line to get the model However, can the builder bump me up or down the list depending if they like/dislike me or if someone else comes at the right time and snatches up the unit? Should I keep following up with the sales office to see if the next phase release is happening and where I am in line? I would prefer not to buy the model but really love the plan.

Finally, I looked at the development map that is in the sales office and noted that there are green push pins on units and red push pins on units. I assume that the red push pins are units where the buyer has moved in/closed already and green push pins that have deposits but wanted to see if anyone else knew or can confirm.

Thanks in advance.

Back