The 2020 Presidential Election

eyephone said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Again, let's talk about the opinions, not the members or their professions.

Everything is fair game. If he doesn?t like it leave and got to Reddit.

This is A classic, LOL

People are ok w a racist as a president and non-whites being told to ?go back? to their countries but god forbid anyone cast aspersions  kaos? investment genius ? because that is a violation of civility , never mind that he himself flaunts his supposed ?skills? all day and night long spraying purple chemical all over the TI ecosystem

No sir, we are polite people here on TI and we shan?t stand for that . do I make myself clear ?

If you guys think the Trump vs. Dem situation is divisive, just wait until the Squad starts pushing for BDS. The Progressive Civil War will be a slaughterhouse.

The loudest complainers about personal attacks are invariably those who make the most personal attacks themselves.

By the way, haven't heard from Perspective lately. Wonder how (s)he's doing.

Happiness said:
The loudest complainers about personal attacks are invariably those who make the most personal attacks themselves.

By the way, haven't heard from Perspective lately. Wonder how (s)he's doing.

It?s all good. Step aside and take cover. It?s like TI meets Fornite jkjk

fortune11 said:
This is A classic, LOL
People are ok w a racist as a president and non-whites being told to ?go back? to their countries but god forbid anyone cast aspersions  kaos? investment genius ? because that is a violation of civility , never mind that he himself flaunts his supposed ?skills? all day and night long spraying purple chemical all over the TI ecosystem
No sir, we are polite people here on TI and we shan?t stand for that . do I make myself clear ?

There are two Americas.  When the President speaks about people from "sh*thole countries", one reacts with shock while the other nods in agreement.  The two opposing Americas exist in the same nexus of time and space so long as they accept election results.  At some point when they refuse to accept election results, or if election rules were tampered with to the point where one side refuse to accept, we'll have a conflict that may result with one side dominating the other by force, or some degree of separation with possibility of remaining within a loose federation.

From a Prepper perspective we are concerned with surviving the potential upheaval and do not realistically expect to hold sufficient influence to change or alter national or sub-national political outcomes.  The survivalists who thinks they can bug out to Big Bear at the last min and survive by hunting wild game will likely end up eating a poisoned mushroom.  I cannot predict all the possible risks and outcomes, but if anyone is interested in being prepped, the LDS (Mormon) Church runs an online store that sells a variety of canned groceries in #10 cans with 30 year shelf life (when stored properly), and "Blue Can Water" here in Los Angeles sell canned water with 50 year shelf life that can tolerate ~148F.  Aluminum canned water is not cheap but preferable to plastic/PET bottles with BPA/BHPF.  Least you won't be another liability looking for handout from FEMA when something bad happens.

momopi said:
fortune11 said:
This is A classic, LOL

There are two Americas.  When the President speaks about people from "sh*thole countries", one reacts with shock while the other nods in agreement.  The two opposing Americas exist in the same nexus of time and space so long as they accept election results.  At some point when they refuse to accept election results, or if election rules were tampered with to the point where one side refuse to accept, we'll have a conflict that may result with one side dominating the other by force, or some degree of separation with possibility of remaining within a loose federation.

From a Prepper perspective we are concerned with surviving the potential upheaval and do not realistically expect to hold sufficient influence to change or alter national or sub-national political outcomes.  The survivalists who thinks they can bug out to Big Bear at the last min and survive by hunting wild game will likely end up eating a poisoned mushroom.  I cannot predict all the possible risks and outcomes, but if anyone is interested in being prepped, the LDS (Mormon) Church runs an online store that sells a variety of canned groceries in #10 cans with 30 year shelf life (when stored properly), and "Blue Can Water" here in Los Angeles sell canned water with 50 year shelf life that can tolerate ~148F.  Aluminum canned water is not cheap but preferable to plastic/PET bottles with BPA/BHPF.  Least you won't be another liability looking for handout from FEMA when something bad happens.

You should start an online prepper store.  Me?  I will just fly to Taiwan...at least I get free healthcare there.

Irvinecommuter said:
morekaos said:
And how was that a personal attack?

Personal attack on Warren.  Nothing about her policies...just the standard Trumpster attack line.

at least she has her tribe to support her after that vicious personal attack

fortune11 said:
irvinehomeowner said:

are you here to play referee or do you have any tangible comments to offer on what is being discussed

I have asked about which Dem candidate has a chance against Trump so I can look them up.

I?ve been told it?s a surprise.

Just trying to keep it civil. I?ve been accused of personally attacking people although I?ve only questioned opinions and never have asked another member to leave TI.

Do I think Trump is racist? Seems like it. Do I think morekaos is racist? No. But others think he is, and since criticizing him seems like fair game, do you?

Supporting some positions doesn?t necessarily mean you are like that person, we can agree on some things but be very opposed on others. That?s why I say to comment on the opinions rather than the person, because you can?t make an accurate characterization based purely on what they post on TI.

irvinehomeowner said:
fortune11 said:
irvinehomeowner said:

are you here to play referee or do you have any tangible comments to offer on what is being discussed

I have asked about which Dem candidate has a chance against Trump so I can look them up.

Just trying to keep it civil. I?ve been accused of personally attacking people although I?ve only questioned opinions and never have asked another member to leave TI.

Do I think Trump is racist? Seems like it. Do I think morekaos is racist? No. But others think he is, and since criticizing him seems like fair game, do you?

Supporting some positions doesn?t necessarily mean you are like that person, we can agree on some things but be very opposed on others. That?s why I say to comment on the opinions rather than the person, because you can?t make an accurate characterization based purely on what they post on TI.

I am a fan of Yang...he is a long-shot but his policies and thought process are both forward thinking and reasonable.  You can start with his podcast with Joe Rogan
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTsEzmFamZ8

I am good with Warren as well because she has articulated detailed plans for what she wants to do, some of which I don't agree with but at least she put the thoughts/details down.  She was also a big critic of big banks and wall street before the bubble burst so I trust her on representing the individual more than the corporation.

The rest of the Dems are a mixed bag for me but pretty anyone is better than Trump. 

At this point, I can't call Trump anything but a racist in light of his history and his statements as President.  Whether he is an intentional racist or "accidental" racist, it doesn't really matter at this point.

I don't know about Morekaos personally so I cannot speak about his POV.  I am willing to say that he is seems to believe that he is above the rhetoric and laughing about the squabbling humans and that no matter what happens, he's good.  He is after all "More Kaos" 

Irvinecommuter said:
Kings said:
Irvinecommuter said:
morekaos said:

Personal attack on Warren.  Nothing about her policies...just the standard Trumpster attack line.

Yet again...not discussions re policies.

policies are only half the battle, you know that.  that's why madam president didn't get "her turn"

Kings said:
Irvinecommuter said:
Kings said:
Irvinecommuter said:
morekaos said:

policies are only half the battle, you know that.  that's why madam president didn't get "her turn"

Then just say that you don't care about policies and just want to go with the lizard part of the brain. 

Like I said, just be honest.  Don't pretend that there is a logical or reasonable basis for your support for Trump or pretend that his "policies" are of any value...you don't honestly care.  You just care about yourself and that Trump is acting like a clown for your amusement.

Irvinecommuter said:
irvinehomeowner said:
fortune11 said:
irvinehomeowner said:

I am a fan of Yang...he is a long-shot but his policies and thought process are both forward thinking and reasonable.  You can start with his podcast with Joe Rogan
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTsEzmFamZ8

I am good with Warren as well because she has articulated detailed plans for what she wants to do, some of which I don't agree with but at least she put the thoughts/details down.  She was also a big critic of big banks and wall street before the bubble burst so I trust her on representing the individual more than the corporation.

The rest of the Dems are a mixed bag for me but pretty anyone is better than Trump. 

At this point, I can't call Trump anything but a racist in light of his history and his statements as President.  Whether he is an intentional racist or "accidental" racist, it doesn't really matter at this point.

I don't know about Morekaos personally so I cannot speak about his POV.  I am willing to say that he is seems to believe that he is above the rhetoric and laughing about the squabbling humans and that no matter what happens, he's good.  He is after all "More Kaos"

finally, someone willing to discuss the topic of the thread

Irvinecommuter said:
Kings said:
Irvinecommuter said:
Kings said:
Irvinecommuter said:
morekaos said:

Then just say that you don't care about policies and just want to go with the lizard part of the brain. 

Like I said, just be honest.  Don't pretend that there is a logical or reasonable basis for your support for Trump or pretend that his "policies" are of any value...you don't honestly care.  You just care about yourself and that Trump is acting like a clown for your amusement.

sounds like you just need a bigger lizard brain  :)

@ic:

When I mentioned personal attacks, I mean on the members at TI. Since this is a 2020 president election thread, as you can see, members will talk about the people, not just the policies. I've never said fortune11 can't call Trump racist, but someone calling morekaos racist becomes dicey.

As for your candidate list, while I agree that anyone might be better than Trump, that's not the question, the question, as Kings posted, is who can beat an incumbent president that has for some reason, despite his "charisma", garnered enough support to get him elected in the first place.

My take, which could be wrong, is the reasons he won were more about changing of guard, shaking things up, money, maybe Russians (still not sure how that worked) and dislike for Hillary (not just her, but the Clinton clan). I still think that now some if not many people regretted that but as others have said, he appeals to a demographic that ironically is against current social movements.

So I think that will be an important tentpole that Dems are going to gather under (as can be seen by Biden's support for things that opposes Trump).

But is that enough?

Back