Tesla Model 3

Got some $350 Oct 5th calls on Friday for .07 per contract.  Sold this morning at open for $1.05per contract.

Wish I had bought more... had no idea a settlement would happen over the weekend.

$20M personal and $20M company was the reported fine over the weekend. 3 years is also consistent. Not sure where the $10M number came from in this article.

Edit: Looks like this article was "out-dated" from when the settlement news broke on Saturday. All news on Saturday is accurate of what happened.

Cares said:
$20M personal and $20M company was the reported fine over the weekend. 3 years is also consistent. Not sure where the $10M number came from in this article.

Edit: Looks like this article was "out-dated" from when the settlement news broke on Saturday. All news on Saturday is accurate of what happened.

I don't think the $20M/$20M is settled yet.  A judge has to agree to it.  This makes Musk's mocking tweets more dangerous as the judge can say that it obviously wasn't enough as Musk is making a joke of it.

I bought some TSLA at $261 on Friday.

Eh... I'd give that one to Elon. The pool takes up too much of the yard and a big BBQ island would take away from the view.

Also, think EM uses a BBQ? Doesn't he make "not-a-flamethrower" for just that very same purpose?

My .02c

I keep seeing more Model 3s in Irvine... at least 4 people I know own a Tesla... are we still worried about the viability of Elon Musk?

irvinehomeowner said:
I keep seeing more Model 3s in Irvine... at least 4 people I know own a Tesla... are we still worried about the viability of Elon Musk?

they have started offering them on lease now -- which opens up a whole new buyer base

i know i am not directly answering your question, just providing a reason for why sales may be up in general

Still waiting to see what other companies offer, like the Taycan...I know people who own Teslas too, but I still don't think I would buy one. 

irvinehomeowner said:

I feel like there's a higher chance of seeing 2-3 Teslas at an Irvine intersection than 0 Teslas...

Tesla is like an iPhone.  Somehow, I don't mine seeing so many Teslas and same car as mine on the road.  If it was other types of car, I will be like so boring and won't pick up the same car next time...., but not Tesla as I will probably buy it again.  It's weird.

fortune11 said:
irvinehomeowner said:

they have started offering them on lease now -- which opens up a whole new buyer base

i know i am not directly answering your question, just providing a reason for why sales may be up in general

Other manufacturers are or will be selling electric cars. I think you know what I?m going to say next regarding Tesla stock. Also, a person has to consider solar city which is part of Tesla. Are they making money?

Goriot said:
Tesla is like an iPhone.

This.

Status symbol car... and much cooler than a Prius.

Someone I know drove a BMW... let's just say he's a bit full of himself (which is fine, self confidence helps you get places in life)... so it was no surprise that he got an S... and for the first few days, parked it outside instead of in the garage. :)

irvinehomeowner said:
Goriot said:
Tesla is like an iPhone.

This.

Status symbol car... and much cooler than a Prius.

Someone I know drove a BMW... let's just say he's a bit full of himself (which is fine, self confidence helps you get places in life)... so it was no surprise that he got an S... and for the first few days, parked it outside instead of in the garage. :)

I wouldn't say so much a status symbol when compared to a Prius. It is arguably better in every aspect except cost. And even if you factor in what you get for you dollar then Teslas surpass a Prius.

Back