Tesla Model 3

Perspective said:
qwerty said:
Goriot said:
Definitely better experience then driving to the dealer, haggling, filing paper work that takes at least half a day.

When you overpay for something the seller normally treats you very well. You are a good customer :)

A co-worker just received his Model 3 - $60K for a car with hubcaps. Crazy.

With the wood trim inside?

eyephone said:
Did you have to buy the upgraded version?

Yup. Only options available are Long-Range with the Premium Interior and RWD, AWD, and Performance.
Standard won't be available until end of the year, but that one probably will still have premium interior.  Standard short range with standard textile non-power seats probably will become available sometime in 2019 when the tax credit is halved ($3,750) or quartered ($1,875) or goes to $0 in 2020.

Atleast I got the $7,500 full tax credit that makes it less painful=)  I think Tesla gonna be in trouble when all these nice new electric cars comes out with full $7.5k tax incentives and Tesla incentive goes to $0 starting in 2020.  Kinda not fair for early pioneers like Tesla.

eyephone said:
What?s the price before tax?

The model I got? $53,000 before tax and tax incentive ($49k for the longer range and upgraded interior + $1.5k paint upgrade + $1.5k wheel upgrade). 
I didn't get autonomous as I trust myself more on the wheel and it's just a local commuter car=)

Perspective said:
qwerty said:
Goriot said:
Definitely better experience then driving to the dealer, haggling, filing paper work that takes at least half a day.

When you overpay for something the seller normally treats you very well. You are a good customer :)

That?s like $1m for a attached condo that?s over garages. :)

I actually found the experience way worse than the dealer, you can't get ahold of anyone over there! Dealer at least answers when  you call. I think they ramped up to 5,000 a week while keeping or cutting the number of inside sales staff.

Perspective said:

But those hubcaps are functional, give you 5-10% more range ;)

Wheels look decent when you have them off.

AblTZsdzx0U0eecGYMVCp0RK3-MOyBlmUHVdQVD1tUE2e47NSLXjemzNBSoeCra3MjnlxaeNS5MxeIb1LC7veeY2jO0NBszDkDnv6fXjVwYW0kXwBCtJ99NmKvT7xOWspx2A7BrwkbyWElN-oholP0g3SDMuyNoeeSHdvCsx8UBRNFeIGwyWTF3Zz8o35i5dH87tx3QmC-cPPWCcBBiunV1ses4Rtu2b2npugjIQW42SA3dfFen5Ek_QA9FEoNfpF8eXN_asg9u0i7wCytz_ywmrPWFHF77aKuu-72VlhShdTVfhZyC30Pptw5gVKcc9jSRT49l_5jU-nuBzBSB8gDjZ-SH9cjTKDkPW27IgS-wRGI-CGReS1tTfGoZvwNuVGOqunTG8cpEC3uy6mmApud3HF6094pCjJ0LNDWnVc-P76OVa8aMDevb3MijJXLM5_UQpZFtiiAha_5pA8zg4LGfG-GFRGtRBdN8QobijH9ng3VSy4htNaIGMs5Bo1p0p6OmaMIimZVcsO6tN9deJo5OucKWFXIrAGPNmKEzBP4uskW3XE4HbItuNyTAQTpROW3xQvKkDDghvAKXntovzsxr0oN25HdkXEQPwS0sMWq9ITxs0T79C32zgnzX1pjx2LJHuJ7sj0yElS1IIy1-5zPC5AFNTNl8s3jZH=w1939-h1454-no

Goriot said:
eyephone said:

The model I got? $53,000 before tax and tax incentive ($49k for the longer range and upgraded interior + $1.5k paint upgrade + $1.5k wheel upgrade). 
I didn't get autonomous as I trust myself more on the wheel and it's just a local commuter car=)

I thought the same about autonomous, until I actually tried it. It's really great, way better than I was expecting based on youtube videos and forum posts. Got back to my normal car and was like, this darn thing won't stay in the lines!

Goriot said:
eyephone said:

If you get in an accident, you're going to have an issue with finding parts to repair your Tesla.

Curious if the T-M3 is eligible for carpool stickers and if they are, how hard is it to get them?

Soylent Green Is People said:
Curious if the T-M3 is eligible for carpool stickers and if they are, how hard is it to get them?

yes, just need to apply, cost like $22 or something, takes weeks
i've seen red stickers on current ones and even white ones for those who got it in the very beginning

Ready2Downsize said:
Goriot said:
eyephone said:

If you get in an accident, you're going to have an issue with finding parts to repair your Tesla.

Just call up uncle rich:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuAMczraBIM

Goriot said:
What do you guys think about the Carbon Fiber spoiler on the Model 3 (link below)? 
Is it too cheesy if you don't own the Performance option?  I was thinking it will add little accent on the butt as model 3 butt is little too blend.  Some cool aftermarket stuff at RPM.
https://www.rpmtesla.com/product-page/model-3-carbon-fiber-spoiler-229-w-20-off
Go for it if your car is white color.  It looks really nice on white/  If yours is red, then don't.  If it is gray/black then may be.

Picked up the three yesterday. I'm blown away by the quality, more german than californian startup rushing to hit 5k a week. No issues with mine so far, and a dream to drive.

Way better than I was expecting. The hype is real.

As much as we hear about issues with Tesla (and what people post here), the owners I've actually spoken to about their Teslas love them, from the S to the X to even the just released 3.

I just wish the X were cheaper... those falcon wing doors make my sliding doors jealous.

Back