Teardowns

notTHEoc

Any hoods in irvine where you see a lot of tear downs?
Old NW seems ripe for it. Good location, old construction. Buy beat up home on decent lot for 900k, build 3000sqf+ custom home for 500k. Beats some of the alternatives.

I see more tear downs in worse hoods outside irvine. Is reason just hoas and hard to find good lots with bad construction? Or more than that?

the problem is then you are the only new, most expensive house on the block, you would not get your money back for a long long time. this limits your pool of buyers.

I actually think North Tustin is a hidden gem for teardowns with their large lot sizes. Many of them could easily house 6,000+ sq. foot homes.  It could become the Arcadia (above foothill) of the south in 15 years with the right people.

Coleman said:
I actually think North Tustin is a hidden gem for teardowns with their large lot sizes. Many of them could easily house 6,000+ sq. foot homes.  It could become the Arcadia (above foothill) of the south in 15 years with the right people.
+1. I think n. Tustin is my next destination if I find a good lot / teardown oppty.

Back