Tang 190

kalbi

opened in Cypress Village Center.  Authentic korean soups like beef rib soup, ginseng chicken soup, cold noodles. Pretty good!

Tried Tang 190 again, it's definitely getting a thumbs up from the ps9 dineout crew.  Got the cutlet (chicken or pork?) and kalbi tang.  Make sure you ask for extra mustard, not just for the dipping sauce for the soup but to mix with the tonkatsu sauce as well.  Really enjoyed the soup, should be even better when the weather is cooler. 

Only thing i didn't like is how they reuse the banchan dishes, the serving utensils they use to refill can cross contaminate between tables.  Especially the scissors they use to cut the kim chee.  Hopefully the spice kills the germies.  Yes, I notice things others don't :)

I wanted to go back to Tang 190 but Mr. Z said there's not enough MEAT in their soup.

What's a good meat dish at Tang I can order just so I can go back to there to eat??

There's another soup dish, forgot the name, but it has spicy beef?  I'm thinking it can be similar to the Chinese beef stew noodle dish.  Gonna try that next time.  So I guess MR ZL doesn't eat his veggies?  :)

ZeroLot said:
I wanted to go back to Tang 190 but Mr. Z said there's not enough MEAT in their soup.

What's a good meat dish at Tang I can order just so I can go back to there to eat??

He can always order pork cutlet.

ps9 said:
There's another soup dish, forgot the name, but it has spicy beef?  I'm thinking it can be similar to the Chinese beef stew noodle dish.  Gonna try that next time.  So I guess MR ZL doesn't eat his veggies?  :)

He'll eat his veggies if they're surrounded by juicy meat.  It's quite a subjective process.

So after we tried Yigah, we had to try this place too.

Well... the Mrs. did. I had Da Luau while she ordered owytang again.

I asked her if it's any different from Yigah and she said not really. I guess the pros are it's easier to park (DJ needs to just put a parking structure in the middle of that parking lot) and there is more seating due to the outdoor space.

At least for this place, there are more options for the kids to eat at (Subway, Da Luau).

Next up on the Korean Food Tour... Honey Pig.

Honey Pig is ok, get the prime beef, $29 a order and get a few.  Not a pork belly fan but hear that's the meat to get there.  We were just there a few nights ago, too lazy for GG or ATB or Gen.  And didn't feel gross afterwards.  Make sure you ask for soup, they usually don't give it to the non Korean folks.

Back