Tallest office building in Irvine under construction, 5 minutes from Baker Ranch

Why do you title this as "5 minutes from Baker Ranch"?

Why not "3 minutes from Quail Hill" or "15 minutes from Costa Mesa"?

aquabliss said:
Why do you title this as "5 minutes from Baker Ranch"?

Why not "3 minutes from Quail Hill" or "15 minutes from Costa Mesa"?

I would have included the full title, but ran into space limits. Here is the full title, according to Google Maps:

Tallest office building in Irvine under construction, 5 minutes from Baker Ranch, 7 minutes from Quail Hill, 8 minutes from Pavilion Park, 8 minutes from Portola Springs, 8 minutes from Cypress Village, 10 minutes from Woodbury, 13 minutes from Orchard Hills,  15 minutes from Tustin Ranch.

>:D

I just think it's funny, TI has a lot of hate for BR (overpriced, jail, etc, etc) but it's ironic that BR is going to be closest to one of the biggest offices in Irvine, even closer than most Irvine neighborhoods.

All in good fun though.  :p

Oops NM I thought you made the title up after reading your article.  I don't hate BR, and don't think most TI members do.  I think they overpriced themselves a bit but fine, the market will set the pricing over time.

In fact, today on my way home from dinner, we stopped by BR to let the kids play at the new playground next to the Heights.  It was great, we had the whole place to ourselves!

Actually, to be completely fair -

I made a mistake in my time - I was measuring Baker Ranch to the new Broadcom headquarters. The new 20 story office tower is about 1 minute further from Baker Ranch and 2 minutes closer to Irvine neighborhoods. A more accurate title:

New Broadcom HQ in Irvine under construction, 5 minutes from Baker Ranch, 7 minutes from Quail Hill, 8 minutes from Pavilion Park, 8 minutes from Portola Springs, 8 minutes from Cypress Village, 10 minutes from Woodbury, 13 minutes from Orchard Hills,  15 minutes from Tustin Ranch.

Tallest office building in Irvine under construction, 6 minutes from Baker Ranch, 6 minutes from Quail Hill, 7 minutes from Pavilion Park, 7 minutes from Portola Springs, 7 minutes from Cypress Village, 7 minutes from Woodbury, 11 minutes from Orchard Hills,  13 minutes from Tustin Ranch.

aquabliss said:
Oops NM I thought you made the title up after reading your article.  I don't hate BR, and don't think most TI members do.  I think they overpriced themselves a bit but fine, the market will set the pricing over time.

In fact, today on my way home from dinner, we stopped by BR to let the kids play at the new playground next to the Heights.  It was great, we had the whole place to ourselves!

;D Just having fun with the TI regulars. BR is nice, but so is Irvine, Tustin Ranch, RSM, AV, Ladera, etc. All have pros and cons.

I thought One Broadway was moth-balled - exciting if it's back on. Has construction started yet?

Back