Talega 2.0

Arman

This past weekend, we visited Alora by William Lyon in San Clemente. Nice homes, too far south to seriously consider, however. We learned that William Lyon had a development that shuttered up when the housing bust, and that they sold off the models, but kept the undeveloped lots. When the housing market came back, they decided to build new models, and build on the unbuilt lots. I'm not sure how much (if any) the models changed, although I suspect that the casita-options were the changes from the old models. Anyone have floorplans for the old development? I don't even know if it was called Alora back then.

As we drove around Talega, we noted that Standard Pacific Homes had a sign up saying new homes coming in Spring 2014, right by their old Alta development. The models looked like they'd been shuttered, not even sold off. I *loved* plan 1 of Alta (again, too far south for me). I remember a few years back how the development just petered out, with a large number of to-be-built lots, and it seems like they just sold off their remaining inventory at the time and closed up. I assume that they'll be re-opening Alta. Not sure if they'll make any changes to their models, which were pretty good (floor plan-wise) to begin with.

Talega makes sense if the 241 Toll Road extension is ever built. It takes 30 min just to get to the 405 and then slugging it out to Irvine is another hour. If you work in SC or SJC it might work well, otherwise, that commute has got to be a key factor in any decision to purchase.

I would say that if you want to live in Talega, you should probably work no further north than the Spectrum.

Soylent Green Is People said:
Talega makes sense if the 241 Toll Road extension is ever built. It takes 30 min just to get to the 405 and then slugging it out to Irvine is another hour. If you work in SC or SJC it might work well, otherwise, that commute has got to be a key factor in any decision to purchase.

The 405 starts in Irvine, but your point still stands

Back