Take my breath away...

WasToldToChangeMyName said:
Went to see the "take my breath away" plan 4 at la vita. The downstairs is pretty damn impressive.  The wrap around yard is awesome. My only nitpick is I felt like the downstairs didn't haven't enough windows. Place felt dark and I went on a sunny day. U really do buy that house for the downstairs. The upstairs was meh. Loft wasn't laid out great and even the stairs to go upstairs are tucked away. Not sure why an outdoor set of stairs are necessary. 

I also fell in love with the Kohler sink that they have. U can buy accessories like a cutting board, etc to place on top. Brilliant!

There was an upstairs? :)

WTTCMN said:
  The optional 2nd floor casita with its own stairway entrance outside is perfect for my boomerang kids once they graduate from IVC and need a place to crash. 

2 funny
made me LOL.

WTTCMN said:
Stop #3 on the "take my breath away" OH tour was Amelia. 

Really liked the Plan 2 downstairs until you realize that the courtyard in between the casita and the living room is basically the yard.  Yikes!  The Plan 1 here was my favorite.  Even with the optional conservatory built out (as modeled), the yard felt like a good size for an Irvine home.  Without the conservatory, you have the L shape great room (my preference). 

Plan 2 Amelia was my fave of Amelia. I really like the high vaulted Plan 3 ceiling, but overall liked Plan 2 better. The downstairs is incredible. Yeah, your courtyard is your entire yard, but whether you like that or not depends on what you want in a yard. I want a BBQ area, spa/water feature, fire pit, seating. The central courtyard of plan 2 works great for that!

WTTCMN said:
Next stop on the "take my breath away" tour was saviero. Well....it didn't take my breath away. Has anyone seen these? Don't remember much discussion/write up on these. I think in general these are nice homes with some nice features like the awesome mudroom in the plan 2.  Also liked the split closets with the built in desk in between for some of the secondary bedrooms. But for the most part - didn't impress at $1.65m+.  These homes are pretty sizeable (3800sf+) but the practical square footage is pretty much the same as a 3000sf house unless you have a need for a casita, dual masters, etc.

I agree with you, saviero did not impress overall. At the $1.6m range I preferred La Vita and even Vicenza plan 3 was more impressive.

I wonder how saviero is selling, did they tell you?

WTTCMN said:
Paris167 said:
WTTCMN said:
Next stop on the "take my breath away" tour was saviero. Well....it didn't take my breath away. Has anyone seen these? Don't remember much discussion/write up on these. I think in general these are nice homes with some nice features like the awesome mudroom in the plan 2.  Also liked the split closets with the built in desk in between for some of the secondary bedrooms. But for the most part - didn't impress at $1.65m+.  These homes are pretty sizeable (3800sf+) but the practical square footage is pretty much the same as a 3000sf house unless you have a need for a casita, dual masters, etc.

I agree with you, saviero did not impress overall. At the $1.6m range I preferred La Vita and even Vicenza plan 3 was more impressive.

I wonder how saviero is selling, did they tell you?

Didn't ask. I usually try to avoid the salespeople. It was pretty dead when I was there (wknd afternoon). Still left to see are the kb homes, Tripointe and Capella. But yea would def take la vita over saviero despite the piazza situation.

Curious to see what you think of Messina. It's very compartmentalized and these days I think most people prefer open plan. And their lots are also quite small for a price tag of $1.5-1.6 mil

Paris167 said:
Curious to see what you think of Messina. It's very compartmentalized and these days I think most people prefer open plan. And their lots are also quite small for a price tag of $1.5-1.6 mil
I can see how you would feel Messina "compartmentalized."  It's one of the few OH sites, outside of huge Trevi, that utilizes a formal dining area not really included in the great room space and has interior courtyards.  Those elements aren't really in vogue these days.  But, I think indoor/outdoor area works really well for entertaining large groups.  Also, Messina purposely built their models on the smallest lots.  I believe next phase has 10k ft lots.

Back