Stonetree homes in Woodbury worth 900K and up?

IrvineHousewife

My husband and I are first time home buyers looking at a couple Stonetree homes in Woodbury while also on the list at Mulberry Cypress Village and keeping our eye on QH. After reading IHB archives and the wonderful info provided on TI I wondered people's views of the big jump in value of these Stonetree homes.

Are they really worth a 900K and up pricetag? With interest rates creeping up we're worried we will be priced out of Irvine soon, but these prices for a condo? It's more than a little scary.

Also, since John Laing went bankrupt does that cause any issues should you have structural problems, etc. with your home in the future?  Is it smarter to buy one of the New Home Company Stonetree homes?

Any guidance is greatly appreciated!

P.S. If you could find a Portisol home for $900k that would be a better buy (they used to be mid $700s just a few years ago). I say this because you get a proper full lot (not zero lot line), a driveway and no motorcourt.

I totally agree, Portisol is a better neighborhood too. We looked at 38 Rising Sun last week, but the floorplan sucked and the backyard was a cement hell with 3 neighbors looking in. The larger ones are going for low 1 millions now. Ugh! We're hoping another one hits the market soon. We're currently looking at 33 Twin Gables and 100 Twin Gables.

IrvineHousewife said:
I totally agree, Portisol is a better neighborhood too. We looked at 38 Rising Sun last week, but the floorplan sucked and the backyard was a cement hell with 3 neighbors looking in.
In newer Irvine homes, lack of privacy is standard.

IrvineHousewife said:
I totally agree, Portisol is a better neighborhood too. We looked at 38 Rising Sun last week, but the floorplan sucked and the backyard was a cement hell with 3 neighbors looking in. The larger ones are going for low 1 millions now. Ugh! We're hoping another one hits the market soon. We're currently looking at 33 Twin Gables and 100 Twin Gables.

38 Rising Sun is pretty much a standard issue floor plan.  Also, the backyard is actually pretty big for Irvine standards.  I would LOVE to have this size backyard - especially since the property is only 1949 sq ft.  The lot size is very well used and there is very little wasted space in the front.

I would agree with others that I would much prefer a true SFR than a detached condo such as Stonetree.  Good luck with your search!

My friend is in the same position as you. She is looking at a couple Stonetree homes and also some Portisol homes. She likes Portisol's true single family house feel but she can get a bigger house with Stonetree at the same price. That's the trade off here: 1,900 sqf true SFR or 2,200 sqf SFR with no driveway? But the real problem now is she's been priced out for the last couple months. Last time we talked she said either one is okay for as long as somebody takes her offer...

Back