Stock picks

LoL, thank goodness I didn't short FB, but I also didn't buy GOOG or TSLA at that time either. I guess it's a wash.

I've owned TSLA for many years, probably will hold my shares until I retire. It's served me well in my Roth.
that’s my point, nobody buys at the bottom and sells at the top…not even me. But spotting trends, and taking advantage of them, that’s what I do best.🤷🏽‍♂️😂😂😂

no, what you do best is to have 20/20 hindsight

easily can show that you missed the boat on tesla from the dip, or 16000% when you bought your ferrari stock, so...

I'm sure this time is different...

The last time US stocks were this pricey relative to the debt market, the S&P 500 crashed 50%​

In August this year, the S&P 500 climbed to levels last seen during the peak of dot-com boom, relative to an index that tracks the US corporate bond market, according to data from global analytics platform Koyfin. The gauge is still holding near those highs, despite the recent pullback in equities.

The metric last surged this high in the spring of 2000 — and that was followed by a multi-year meltdown in stocks that saw the S&P 500 crash 50% between March 2000 and October 2002.

Another indicator that shows the richness of stocks relative to debt is the so-called equity risk premium — or the extra return on shares over government debt, which is considered a safer form of investment. The metric has plunged this year lows unseen in decades, indicating elevated stock valuations.

"Equity risk premium is near its worst ever level going back to 1927. In the 6 instances this has occurred, the markets saw a major correction & recession/depression - 1929, 1969, 99/00, 07, 18/19, present," research firm MacroEdge said in a recent post on X.

1697134095993.png

Agreed, this cycle is similar to the 1994-95 rate cycle when the Fed raised interest rates 300 basis points in 12 months it caused an inverted yield curve And a subsequent recession. Best way to trade it was a zero-coupon US government strip ladder…worked beautifully in the Mid90’s. made over 20% in a year and a half when the yield curve collapsed back to normal. Haven’t put that trade on in 30 years. Putting it on aggressively now!

Took that position on and locked in a 5% ladder. That’s now appreciated 18% in three months. The 10 year was at 5% and now dropped into the high 3’s

One entire year of investment risk, in a market that’s gone through the roof, and your total rate of return is $0….Soon to be negative…IMG_1704.pngThat’s not pooping that’s taking a dump.😂😂😂 💩 🦄🌈

Eyeballing CAJPY (Canon) - anything I should be aware of trading this ADR stock? I looked around but was unable to find exact info on fees.

Eyeballing CAJPY (Canon) - anything I should be aware of trading this ADR stock? I looked around but was unable to find exact info on fees.

Just a quick follow up, Fidelity didn't charge additional fees (that I know of), but etrade charges $4.95 fee for CAJPY.

October 3, 2023
Do more than rely on the end of an article…Mr McNally had a similar recommendation and price targets in November 2022 at $32 a share…It quickly collapsed to $13.00…do your research…most of these analysts are putzes who buy into the …🦄🌈🤦🏽‍♂️😂😂😂

Evercore ISI Starts Rivian Automotive at In Line With $35 Price Target

November 30, 2022
at 07:38 am EST

Evercore ISI analyst Chris McNally initiates coverage on Rivian Automotive Inc ...View attachment 9234

As I stated above in another thread…”price targets are for suckers”. Analysts are always last to know…here they said “Buy!” At $28…. Today it’s “Sell!” At $11….perfect timing…if you were short!🤦🏽‍♂️😂😂😂😂🦄🌈

Rivian slides as UBS turns bearish​

Rivian fell more than 1% before the bell on Friday following a rare double-downgrade from UBS.
Analyst Joseph Spak lowered his rating to sell from buy and whittled his price target down to $8 from $24. Spak’s new price target shows shares of the electric vehicle maker could fall 30.1% from Thursday’s close.
“We had been optimistic on RIVN’s product and brand ultimately winning out,” he told clients in a Thursday note. “But a rapidly changing EV backdrop causes us to reassess our demand view and makes RIVN’s current strategy quite onerous on the ramp to profitability and cash flow.”

Rivian gets a double downgrade from UBS
https://www.cnbc.com/2024/02/23/rivian-gets-a-double-downgrade-from-ubs-which-says-profitability-will-be-harder-to-acheive.html?__source=iosappshare|com.apple.UIKit.activity.CopyToPasteboard

As I pointed out in other threads, price targets and analysts are for the most part…for suckers…where Was Wells Fargo and most of Wall Street when the stock was $275.00? Screaming “Buy!, Buy!, Buy!!!!”. Now…as the stock hits a year LOW what do they tell their clients? “Sell!, Sell! Sell!..” Do the opposite of what they say…You will be more right \then wrong…don’t be sheep…sheep get slaughtered…🤦🏽‍♂️😂😂😂🦄🌈

Wells Fargo cuts Tesla to Sell with valuation pricey vs. rest of Mag 7

W
ells Fargo cut Tesla (NASDAQ:TSLA) to its lowest rating Wednesday, citing the potential for more price cuts that could hit the bottom line.
Analyst Colin Langan downgraded TSLA to a Sell-equivalent Underweight from Equal Weight and lowered its price target to $125 from $200, saying its valuation premium to the other Magnificent 7 stocks is "likely a risk."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/com...valuation-pricey-vs-rest-of-mag-7/ar-BB1jOSZq

IMG_2019.png

Last edited:
Back