Solana Walk in Fountain Valley

snowblind40

Anyone here have any thoughts on Solana Walk? I toured the homes recently and have never heard of Olsen Homes.  The lot sizes are much smaller than the rest of Fountain Valley and it is close to the Freeway but I have an opportunity to get into their biggest plan, Gardens Plan 2. Just wanted to know your thoughts.

I thought the plan 2's were all sold out?

I don't like the entrance and the feel of the neighbhorhood.  You have to drive past the police station to get to the entrance of the neighborhood.  All the houses feel so jammed packed (worse then Irvine hoods) and you can hear Brookhurst and the freeway from everywhere in the complex.  Everyone shares one common pool area and when I was there I think there were 80% Vietnamese population buying and from my experience with Vietnamese families (Everyone in the family (extended or what not) will live under the same roof).

homer_simpson said:
I thought the plan 2's were all sold out?

I don't like the entrance and the feel of the neighbhorhood.  You have to drive past the police station to get to the entrance of the neighborhood.  All the houses feel so jammed packed (worse then Irvine hoods) and you can hear Brookhurst and the freeway from everywhere in the complex.  Everyone shares one common pool area and when I was there I think there were 80% Vietnamese population buying and from my experience with Vietnamese families (Everyone in the family (extended or what not) will live under the same roof).

on flip or flop yesterday there was a house in garden grove that sold to the nguyen family, which appeared to be an extended family.

What's the overall feedback regarding the quality of Olson Homes? 
I ask because my friend bought an Olson Home a couple of years ago and she has had nothing but issues with it.

I checked out these homes and wasn't impressed at all. I hate the entry through the police station. There is an Aryes Hotel being build right behind the homes (I believe its 4 or 5 stories) and the homes are in the center of a commercial area. I couldn't do it.

Back