Socal!

traceimage

I met Socal in real life today! Here's what happened. I thought I saw her while shopping in Costco, so I walked back and forth past her aisle a few times looking at her, and then I peered through some holiday decorations in a stalker-like way trying to confirm it was her, and then I found my husband and said, "I just saw Socal! From TalkIrvine!" And he pretended not to know me. And then I ran up to Socal and yelled, "Socaaaaaal!" And she said, "Who the hell are you and why are you trying to hug me?" And then she ran to get store security. Kidding!

Socal was just as beautiful and lovely and sweet as I envisioned. The only thing that she has been lying to us about is when she said she wears casual and comfortable clothes. I can confirm that (at least for today) she is beautifully dressed and looks very put together, whereas I dress like a homeless person, so she probably won't ever want to see me in real life ever again. But anyway! Such an exciting day!

Let that be a warning to all you TI'ers: if I know what you look like and I see you in Costco, I WILL run up to you and start babbling like a psycho, saying things like "Did you try the chocolate-covered cashew sample? Did you know that Costco sells frozen wild-caught Pacific shrimp? Is IHO here, too?"

O...M....G!!

Today was a good day!

I've always wanted to meet Trace. I never imagined it would be so sudden... as in... hit-you-in-the-face-with-a-sack-of-bricks sudden. But I'm so glad it was. If I had time to work up the courage, I would have been all sorts of nervous. It's a good thing it happened this way! I'm so glad you had the courage to come out from behind the display and reveal yourself!

She is sooo friendly and easy to talk to just like you would imagine. Such a lovely person. I even got to meet the fam. I wish I had been more social. I must have had the deer caught in the headlights look. Thankfully, we got to have a good, long talk right there in the middle of the holiday decoration aisle. We even had an impromptu IHO round table discussion were we compared and exchanged notes, opinions, and daydreams while our husbands looked on, seething in disgust.

I hope we can do it again sometime!

Back