Snowflakes

One of the funniest ads yesterday in a whole gaggle of depressing ones.  "Implied" a vegan meal of beetloaf would be hellish?  Said it outright.  Totally hilarious, but some didn't think so.

They've got beef! Vegan outrage at Hyundai Super Bowl ad which mocked them and implied that an animal-free dinner party is a hellish experience

Hyundai's Super Bowl ad starring Jason Bateman upset the vegan community
Bateman plays an elevator operator delivering people to unpleasant experiences
The ad put vegan dinner parties on par with root canals, jury duty and 'the talk'
Vegans were quick to vent their displeasure at being mocked on social media 
Many vegans declared they would never drive a Hyundai again
Others shared pictures of vegan meals as a counterpoint to Hyundai's 'beet loaf'
Hyundai quickly did damage control by claiming to 'love vegan food'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6664217/Vegans-outraged-Hyundais-Super-Bowl-ad-implying-vegan-dinner-party-hellish-experience.html

Of course you are, when a hat triggers your snowflake meltdowns.

Why Trump's MAGA hats have become a potent symbol of racism

That context cannot be divorced from the image of the MAGA hat any more than the Confederate flag can be divorced from the brutality of chattel slavery. And yet, every Donald Trump apologist will try to say otherwise -- that it's just a hat, or that it is worn by different people for different reasons. How do I know? Because I've listened to similar excuses in my native South Carolina about those who wear or fly the Confederate flag. They do so to honor their ancestors, I've been told, or to embrace Southern heritage, or because they are exercising their First Amendment rights.
The MAGA hat, like the Confederate flag, wouldn't elicit outraged reactions if it were only a piece of cloth that harkened back to bygone days never to be relived. But it isn't. It is a signifier for those who believe America was great during some point in the past they dare not name, knowing if they do, it would reveal a time when it was worse for people of color. When was America "great"? When millions of black people were slaves? When hundreds of thousands of black men were sold to US companies via convict leasing? Maybe during the heart of Jim Crow, the height of lynching, or when black people struggling with drug addictions were viewed as criminals to be controlled, not fellow human beings needing help?

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/21/opinions/maga-hat-has-become-a-potent-racist-symbol-bailey/index.html

Speaking of meltdown. You and your party really meltdown after the midterms. I don?t even know what your party you consider yourself since you don?t care about half of other Republicans or more from across the US that receive benefits. (previously we had a conversation and you mentioned you don?t care about them)

You are creating your own controversy. No one on TI really care about the hats. I don?t think no one even mentioned it.

morekaos said:
Of course you are, when a hat triggers your snowflake meltdowns.

Why Trump's MAGA hats have become a potent symbol of racism

That context cannot be divorced from the image of the MAGA hat any more than the Confederate flag can be divorced from the brutality of chattel slavery. And yet, every Donald Trump apologist will try to say otherwise -- that it's just a hat, or that it is worn by different people for different reasons. How do I know? Because I've listened to similar excuses in my native South Carolina about those who wear or fly the Confederate flag. They do so to honor their ancestors, I've been told, or to embrace Southern heritage, or because they are exercising their First Amendment rights.
The MAGA hat, like the Confederate flag, wouldn't elicit outraged reactions if it were only a piece of cloth that harkened back to bygone days never to be relived. But it isn't. It is a signifier for those who believe America was great during some point in the past they dare not name, knowing if they do, it would reveal a time when it was worse for people of color. When was America "great"? When millions of black people were slaves? When hundreds of thousands of black men were sold to US companies via convict leasing? Maybe during the heart of Jim Crow, the height of lynching, or when black people struggling with drug addictions were viewed as criminals to be controlled, not fellow human beings needing help?

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/21/opinions/maga-hat-has-become-a-potent-racist-symbol-bailey/index.html

how do you tell if someone is vegan? don't worry, they'll let you know!

Vegans are beefing with Hyundai over a Super Bowl ad that made fun of vegan dinner parties

But one stop in the otherwise innocuous elevator bit has ruffled some feathers, or at least some 100 percent recycled polyester down equivalents.

?Vegan dinner party,? Bateman says as the doors ding open. ?Is that even a thing??

?We?re having beetloaf ? Sergio?s specialty,? says the smiling host as she approaches her guests while extending a purple gelatinous concoction.

Sergio takes a bow while one of the dinner guests retches.

Then the ad pivots to the conceit of the commercial: the heavenly experience of purchasing a Hyundai.

But vegans felt personally attacked. Why should their decision to live a planet-friendly, animal-cruelty-free lifestyle be comparable to a colonoscopy or a root canal or a teenager getting ?the talk? and hearing about how ?even Grandma?s body changed.?

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, the animal rights organization more commonly known as PETA, chided the car company on Twitter.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/food/2019/02/04/vegans-are-beefing-with-hyundai-over-super-bowl-ad-that-made-fun-vegan-dinner-parties/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.2ef704779277

morekaos said:
That?s what this thread is all about, snowflakes taking meaningless, mundane things and conflating them into racist, phobic issues that butthurt their tender, pampered self image. Not at all hateful but clearly ?funny?.  Comedy is truly dead. Does anyone think movies like Airplane, Blazing Saddles, Animal House or Soul Man could ever be made today? Oh hell no, but they are some of the funniest ever created. My kids love those movies.  PC has moved into the realm of bats#*t crazy and That?s sad. I find these extreme stories tragically funny, and that?s too bad

And that's the irony.

eyephone is accusing me of being okay with promoting hate and he doesn't get that is the point of this thread... that some people are so quick to paint something as hate.

There are several things that eyephone says that can be seen as "hateful" but then he says he is just joking. Mmmm... okay.

eyephone said:
Speaking of meltdown. You and your party really meltdown after the midterms. I don?t even know what your party you consider yourself since you don?t care about half of other Republicans or more from across the US that receive benefits. (previously we had a conversation and you mentioned you don?t care about them)

You are creating your own controversy. No one on TI really care about the hats. I don?t think no one even mentioned it.

Again Eye, your missing the point.  This is not an issue brought up by anyone here, it is a national phenomena brought up by the national media and internet trolls.  More than one Snowflake outlet like CNN, NYT and MSNBC brought up the "hat" as a triggering device.  This is not a hood or even a baklava..its a golf cap.  How is a golf cap racist?  Just more nonsensical, snowflake, fake drummed up hysterical baloney.

morekaos said:
eyephone said:

Again Eye, your missing the point.  This is not an issue brought up by anyone here, it is a national phenomena brought up by the national media and internet trolls.  More than one Snowflake outlet like CNN, NYT and MSNBC brought up the "hat" as a triggering device.  This is not a hood or even a baklava..its a golf cap.  How is a golf cap racist?  Just more nonsensical, snowflake, fake drummed up hysterical baloney.

I?m glad that you stated that no one on TI brought up the red hat. How come you never blamed Trump?s secretary?s for the way they spent tax payers money for taking trips, you never blamed Scott P for having a sound proof room paid by the tax payers? (I can keep on going)

Why don?t you blame the GOP for being out of touch? (midterm results)

To tell you the truth if I see someone wearing the red maga cap, I'll immediately think racist...

I would suggest if you want to sell your products to as wide an audience as you can, you should refrain from wearing that hat even if you support trump.
Didn't jordan say he wasn't a dem or repub because they all buy sneakers...

I also don't believe in 0's and 1's for racist or not.  Racism is on a gradient.  and yes trump is high on this gradient, but it doesn't mean he can't do good for the country...and for me.

eyephone said:
morekaos said:
eyephone said:

I?m glad that you stated that no one on TI brought up the red hat. How come you never blamed Trump?s secretary?s for the way they spent tax payers money for taking trips, you never blamed Scott P for having a sound proof room paid by the tax payers? (I can keep on going)

I don?t bring that up because A) that?s not the topic of this thread and B) I believe both sides waste taxpayers money like that. For every repub under a repub you can find a dem stealing under a dem...to me just no distinction there. This race baiting, snowflake thing is uniquely Democrat.

morekaos said:
eyephone said:
morekaos said:
eyephone said:

I don?t bring that up because A) that?s not the topic of this thread and B) I believe both sides waste taxpayers money like that. For every repub under a repub you can find a dem stealing under a dem...to me just no distinction there. This race baiting, snowflake thing is uniquely Democrat.

Let?s face it the GOP is out of touch. The race base tactics is not working.

zubs said:
Racism is on a gradient.

The terminology describing racism needs to be on a gradient also. When snowflakes label someone who hates the black keys on the piano a racist, the term loses all meaning and diminishes the crimes of true racists like Hitler.

So Eye, you only think republicans steal and abuse power? Really,  because that view is the one that is out of touch. And if you don?t see the topic of this thread as pointing out how out of touch little snowflakes are you might just be a little too close to see it.  Like the old saying goes, when you sit down to play poker and you can?t figure out who the sucker is...It?s probably you.

Snowflakes will now reap what they sow... In Virginia they now have a Governor who is going down for "Blackface:" 30 years ago, A Lt. Governor who is going down for #metoo offenses being prosecuted by their own Blasey-Ford lawyers,  and now a State AG going down for...."blackface"....If snowflakes want all these scalps guess what Virginia will get?...A Republican Governor!!!  Like I said in the SCOTUS thread this gangs lack of tolerance is costing them dearly..

morekaos said:
Good lord, who cares? I was drinking when I was 15.  If i was prosecuted for every fumbling teenage boob grab from my teen years I would be sitting with Papillon.  The way most of us lost our virginity would today be prosecuted as child molestation.(but i didn't think so).  My generation turned out OK anyway.  Let it go, I understand "different time" but this is ridiculous.  WE ALL have these skeletons, if you don't there something wrong. If this is the new standard then NO ONE will become a judge, cop, politician,  doctor everyone is disqualified, this will backfire

Now Virginia's third-ranking official admits he wore blackface in college ? after governor's own race shame and sex attack allegation against lieutenant governor ? and if all three Democrats step down a REPUBLICAN would run the state

State Attorney General Mark Herring has urged Ralph Northam to step down
Northam's medical school yearbook page shows a photo of one person in blackface and another in a KKK robe
Herring admitted Wednesday that he, too, wore blackface ? in 1980 while he was a college student 
He dressed as a rapper and performed a song at a party while attending college
Northam first apologized, then said it isn't him in the racist photo
Herring is third-ranking Virginia official; Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax, the number-two, is accused of sexually assaulting a woman at 2004 Democratic convention 
Herring would become governor if Northam and Fairfax step down; all three are Democrats
If they all fall, the Republican speaker of the State Assembly becomes governor; the same man would run impeachment hearings if they take place.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6674931/Now-Virginias-ranking-official-admits-wore-blackface-college.html

morekaos said:
Snowflakes will now reap what they sow... In Virginia they now have a Governor who is going down for "Blackface:" 30 years ago, A Lt. Governor who is going down for #metoo offenses being prosecuted by their own Blasey-Ford lawyers,  and now a State AG going down for...."blackface"....If snowflakes want all these scalps guess what Virginia will get?...A Republican Governor!!!  Like I said in the SCOTUS thread this gangs lack of tolerance is costing them dearly..

morekaos said:
Good lord, who cares? I was drinking when I was 15.  If i was prosecuted for every fumbling teenage boob grab from my teen years I would be sitting with Papillon.  The way most of us lost our virginity would today be prosecuted as child molestation.(but i didn't think so).  My generation turned out OK anyway.  Let it go, I understand "different time" but this is ridiculous.  WE ALL have these skeletons, if you don't there something wrong. If this is the new standard then NO ONE will become a judge, cop, politician,  doctor everyone is disqualified, this will backfire

Now Virginia's third-ranking official admits he wore blackface in college ? after governor's own race shame and sex attack allegation against lieutenant governor ? and if all three Democrats step down a REPUBLICAN would run the state

State Attorney General Mark Herring has urged Ralph Northam to step down
Northam's medical school yearbook page shows a photo of one person in blackface and another in a KKK robe
Herring admitted Wednesday that he, too, wore blackface ? in 1980 while he was a college student 
He dressed as a rapper and performed a song at a party while attending college
Northam first apologized, then said it isn't him in the racist photo
Herring is third-ranking Virginia official; Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax, the number-two, is accused of sexually assaulting a woman at 2004 Democratic convention 
Herring would become governor if Northam and Fairfax step down; all three are Democrats
If they all fall, the Republican speaker of the State Assembly becomes governor; the same man would run impeachment hearings if they take place.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6674931/Now-Virginias-ranking-official-admits-wore-blackface-college.html

better hope your kids don't do anything acceptable today that isn't acceptable in 30  years, or their ass is grass

Comedy gold...like how many are going to wear this $890 monstrosity? I think this is actually corporate self flagellation in order to  drum up some free virtue signalling press. No one would have known this sweater even existed if they didn't point it out.

Gucci apologizes and stops selling $890 'blackface' sweater
"We are fully committed to increasing diversity throughout our organization and turning this incident into a powerful learning moment."

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/gucci-apologizes-stops-selling-890-blackface-sweater-n968681

morekaos said:
So Eye, you only think republicans steal and abuse power? Really,  because that view is the one that is out of touch. And if you don?t see the topic of this thread as pointing out how out of touch little snowflakes are you might just be a little too close to see it.  Like the old saying goes, when you sit down to play poker and you can?t figure out who the sucker is...It?s probably you.

But your not a true Republican. (You are more like an opportunist that don?t care or don?t have an understanding about the GOP base) Also, your buddy ran a campaign to drain the swamp. But now it?s more like a sewer.

I'm no idealistic purist. I have stated that many times. I think ALL politicians are scum, my side included. I get endless entertainment from the fact that Dems actually think there is an ounce of Virtue in any of their candidates and leaders (hence the cynicism of this thread).  My side is closer to my personal views and motives so that is why is support them but as we have seen, Republicans don't support the President either.  This animal is a bit of a hybrid.

Easy to be a snowflake...until the sun comes out and you start to melt.

Blackface scandal silences Jimmy Kimmell and Jimmy Fallon as hosts and celebs including Billy Crystal, Judy Garland, Ted Danson and Joy Behar have participated in the racist practice

Racist practice of blackface is again in the news after a photo of Governor Ralph Northam of Virginia and a friend in a KKK robe and minstrelsy makeup emerged
Jimmy Fallon and Jimmy Kimmell made no mention of the scandal on their late night shows, with both men having done blackface in the past
Fallon did blackface to portray Chris Rock on Saturday Night Live, while Billy Crystal did the same on the show to play Sammy Davis Jr
Judy Garland (Everybody Sing), Gene Wilder (Silver Streak), Elizabeth Taylor (Il giovane Toscanini) and Robert Downey Jr (Tropic Thunder) did blackface on film
Joni Mitchell showed up in blackface on the cover of her 1977 alum Don Juan's Reckless Daughter, while Ted Danson dressed as a black minstrelsy in 1993
NAACP CEO Derrick Johnson said in a statement: 'Black face in any manner is always racist and never okay'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6679399/Jimmy-Kimmell-Jimmy-Fallon-Billy-Crystal-Judy-Garland-Ted-Danson-Joy-Behar-blackface.html
https://youtu.be/iCET9nFSz2M

https://youtu.be/iCET9nFSz2M

morekaos said:
I'm no idealistic purist. I have stated that many times. I think ALL politicians are scum, my side included. I get endless entertainment from the fact that Dems actually think there is an ounce of Virtue in any of their candidates and leaders (hence the cynicism of this thread).  My side is closer to my personal views and motives so that is why is support them but as we have seen, Republicans don't support the President either.  This animal is a bit of a hybrid.

You never bring up Scott Pruit. Why? Because he makes Trump look really bad. You can?t beat a sound proof room that Scotty had done in his office. Lol

Back