Smog check

J

jmoney74

anybody know of a cheap place around Irvine/Tustin.  Friend found me one in Fountain valley/westminster but seeing if there is anything more local.

Got lazy and got my smog done locally instead of Santa Ana, $50 + certificate fee + transfer fee = $61.  At the Shell station off Trabuco/Culver.  So maybe $20-30 more but service was quick on a Saturday morning, in and out in about 15-20 minutes.

Guy running the show is named Pete, caught off guard by his appearance, old grizzled man like the ones you see in horror movies:

Cabin442012.png

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CreepyGasStationAttendant 

But he was polite and got the job done.  He has a drawl or maybe I was just profiling :)  Still, wished he didn't smoke at a gas station!

One is at Culver/Michelson behind Shell station. The other one is at auto center drive (near spectrum). With pennysaver coupon, each is about 29.99 + certificate fee(around 8 ). The former one will charge extra if paid by credit card.

I just had my wife's car smog checked at "Jamboree Smog" on Edinger and Jamboree. It was $40 for the smog check + maybe $8 for the certificate. You also get a free express wash (a $5 value) for free.

I checked out a few places, and they all seem to cost about $40-$50 (if you don't have a coupon, as kiki mentioned in his/her post).

Grand and Edinger Shell Station.  It's about $35-$40.  Very cool guy named Mike.  Tell him Will with the White Lambo and Lotus sent you, he'll take care of you.

FARMMMMMIE said:
qwerty said:
FARMMMMMIE said:
Grand and Edinger Shell Station.  It's about $35-$40.  Very cool guy named Mike.  Tell him Will with the White Lambo and Lotus sent you, he'll take care of you.

if you went to harvard business school you could have gotten one of these instead :)
http://www.bugatti.com/en/veyron.html

Right?? I have failed in life... Anywho, trading in the Lambo for a 650S soon!! woohoo

let me know if you need a full time spanish teacher for your kids.

i think i can make more money working teaching farmie's kids spanish than my job :-(

Back