silver needle noodle / liang hun diao

changm55

ok so since talking about about dou hua awhile ago on the forums i been having cravings for this now...

its called liang hun diao in taiwanese... i think the characters for it directly translated from taiwanese is ???...

i wiki'ed it and this came up (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silver_needle_noodles)

i dont like it hot style... rather i like it cold with sugar syrup eaten more like a desert (even more rare)...

anybody know this food/desert?...

i wouldnt be surprised if i dont get any response since this is sorta niche, and i read it doesnt make economical sense unless u make srsly large batches of it at one so restaurants or super markets tend to scrap this completely from their menu/inventory...

These used to be one of my favorite deserts growing up.  In Taiwan, we call it Mi Tai Mu (???).  You use to be able to get these at 99 Ranch and just add the sugar water yourself.

WHAT?! mi tai mu blasphemy!! i always thought it was called "me tai bak"!! i got lied tooooo whaaaa D'''''''':

'MERICA~ FVCK YEAH~ said:
WHAT?! mi tai mu blasphemy!! i always thought it was called "me tai bak"!! i got lied tooooo whaaaa D'''''''':

When you find out that everything you know is based on a lie, I have a feeling there will be a large table waiting in fear, haha.

Also, sorry to break it to you but eating fish will not make you swim faster nor will eating the eyes make you see better.  ;)

actually i thought about it...

mi tai mu is how u say ??? in mandarin...

me tai bak is how u say ??? in taiwanese... i think... heh...

so i... WHAT EATING FISH EYES WILL NOT MAKE ME SEE BETTER?!!?! GRAWRRRR!!!

This is bun loc... right?  They have it at Trieu Chau... soup style... stir fry... but I don't remember dessert...

gaogi said:
These used to be one of my favorite deserts growing up.  In Taiwan, we call it Mi Tai Mu (???).  You use to be able to get these at 99 Ranch and just add the sugar water yourself.

I was looking everywhere for it the other day at ranch 99 :(... Do u know if they still sell it? I'm gonna try the other 99 tmrw... Sometimes the Jeffrey one has things the culver one doesn't have (whaaa fingers crossed)... So nervous....

'MERICA~ FVCK YEAH~ said:
gaogi said:

I was looking everywhere for it the other day at ranch 99 :(... Do u know if they still sell it? I'm gonna try the other 99 tmrw... Sometimes the Jeffrey one has things the culver one doesn't have (whaaa fingers crossed)... So nervous....

I remember when they used to sell it, they put it with the fresh Pho and soy milk deliveries they get.  Haven't been to a 99 ranch in a long time, but maybe try some of the Vietnamese markets in Bolsa.

Found it.  99 Ranch on Culver, right across from the beer.

Attachments

• IMG_20131006_143142.jpg
    IMG_20131006_143142.jpg
    306.4 KB · Views: 165
Back