Shower surround tiles and floor -- Suggestions pls

Blue714

Hi, We were looking to get porcelean tiles for our shower surround and wanted to know what size tiles are good and any other suggestions from TI members -- Is 12X24 the best choice or will 18X18 look good? -- also any suggestions on shower floors? -- we saw some which were hexagon shaped / stones and pebbles etc -- any suggestion on these about maintenance etc.

What counter tops are suggested for the bath rooms? -- Petrafina /  granite and caearstone? -- Petrafina is very well priced -- but are they any advantages of paying higher prices for granite or Caesarstone?

Thanks in advance.

image_zpsgfdnbbvv.jpg

Saw these recently, I think one of the Huntley models, like the bigger tile looks, less grout the better.  As for the flooring, I saw the hexagon little tiles you're talking about, seems like a lot of upkeep with all the grout around it.  It does break up the pattern, so I'm still 50/50 on it.  Counters, we like caesarstone, easy upkeep, any light color surface will do.  We like flush counter inset sinks for easy cleanup.  Stay away from the bowl sinks, looks nice but not practical.

Back