Sendero in Rancho Mission Viejo

test said:
quattroporte said:
test said:
JasonTheArtist said:
The prices seem a little high for it being a new community. Who do they think they are, Irvine? Mwahahahahah :mad: :mad: (evil laugh)

quattroporte can't afford Irvine.

Probably not. And you live where again?

Newport Beach.  I own property in Tustin and Irvine.  That's why I'm here.  Why are you here?

Then what is the reason for you to be upset all the time? Not happy with life?

I went to the opening and saw the Shea Townhomes and, Seacountry and Tri Pointe homes. I liked the Tri Pointe layout and my family is thinking about buying. I found out they will be building a new K thru 8 school for the RMV residents in 2015.

My wife and I will be there this AM to check it out.  The place is too far from her work, but it will be nice to look at different designs and floor plans.

test said:
quattroporte said:
test said:
JasonTheArtist said:
The prices seem a little high for it being a new community. Who do they think they are, Irvine? Mwahahahahah :mad: :mad: (evil laugh)

quattroporte can't afford Irvine.

Probably not. And you live where again?

Newport Beach.  I own property in Tustin and Irvine.  That's why I'm here.  Why are you here?

Why Tustin? Priced out of Irvine?

Because you entertain me. It is funny to see someone contradict themselves frequently and make a fool out of themselves. I seriously doubt you can understand the magnitude of the stupidity in your posts/statements. But its okay, keep it coming. At least you contribute to this forum.

Went and visited some of the larger models throughout Sendero. My impressions:

Meritage Homes:
The largest homes in the community, well laid-out floorplans, two of which offer casitas separate from the main house. Really concerned about energy efficiency in the design of these homes. A definitely overall favorable impression.

Seacountry Homes:
The best homes in this size I've ever seen. The best use of 1800-2000 square feet ever! One of the models offers 4 bed 4 bath. Just incredibly well done.

Tripointe Homes:
Kinda forgettable. Nothing really stood out with these homes.

Ryland Homes:
Second Ryland development I've seen in 2 days. This is the only one in both days (one of about 10 communities) that wanted me to sign in. First time, I ignored her request. Today, she only gave me the brochure with pouting even though a member of my party of 4 signed in. Apparently, since I personally didn't sign in she didn't want to give me a brochure. You'd think she was paying for the brochure herself! These employees need to work on their people skills.

I was looking for you Homer, but I couldn't seem to find a face I've never seen among hundreds of visitors.  :)

I'd suggest that people go look at the houses.  The experience was quite interesting starting with the shuttle service.  Our purpose was to look at floor plans and to look at how the houses were staged as well as color options used for decoration.  In my opinion, the pricing for the houses seemed a bit too high to pull people away from where they would like to live ideally.  I am not sure that Ortega and Antonio has been sitting on people's wish list in terms of proximity to areas.

My favorite was the middle house for Ryland.  It was green in color and had shutters (possibly a craftsman? I am not architecturally literate.)  Upon entering the front door, the raised ceiling provided a lot of light and made the house feel grand which lacked in many of the other homes we saw that day.  The kitchen was beautifully designed in white with a silver polished back splash which we took a photo of, haha.

One of the Ryland homes took outdoor space to an interesting area when it created a tile roofed wall with a bar for people to sit at.

Meritage had a nice cheaper version of The Grove at Lambert Ranch's outdoor/indoor living.  The living room is sandwiched between the backyard and a courtyard separated by large sliding doors.  The last house's garage had a nice area that showed different types of insulation which was interesting.

I have read multiple people say this is not an ideal location, however I think this is dependent on your situation. I work in San Diego and my wife works in Santa Ana. This location is about ideal for splitting the middle between our commutes.

We liked Tri Pointe, residence one, the best because this is the lowest price point for a true SFR, no motorcourt and no detached condo feel like Sea Country.

If you work in SD and the wife commutes to Santa Ana, then this would be much more ideal than two people commuting north to Orange County.

Unless they drastically widen Ortega, it's going to be an incredible choke point at the 405. The 241 is supposed to reach at least to Ortega at some point in time which will help NB travellers.

That gully their building in has very little air circulation even when it was an orange grove. How was it this weekend?

Soylent Green Is People said:
That gully their building in has very little air circulation even when it was an orange grove. How was it this weekend?

There was a pleasant amount of wind.  There were times that I felt that it was such a nice breeze rolling through.  Then, there were times when I questioned at what point does it stop becoming a breeze and start becoming windy, haha.

a portion of Ortega leading to Sendero has only 2 lanes, one for each direction of traffic. You gotta be kidding me this will work as the major artery, if not the most critical one, for the entire new city of Rancho Mission Viejo.

Soylent Green Is People said:
Unless they drastically widen Ortega, it's going to be an incredible choke point at the 405. The 241 is supposed to reach at least to Ortega at some point in time which will help NB travellers.

Per a client I'm working with on a purchase, his builder in the community is beginning to offer incentives. This buyer has a deposit in with one builder ($725k+ price, expecting a November delivery) and due to the pace of sales asked for and was granted additional credits to use at the design center. in speaking to other builders in the project, they too have begun whispering about concession that are on the table if it will help make the sale.

My .02c

GLD 2

A dollar amount of the concession was in the $10k range, however expectations are high that it will be increased. Quite a few buttons on the board are dummy sales.

bones said:
Hmmm... interesting... I know a sales rep for Shea that is working this development and she paints a totally different picture.  She says they're selling like hotcakes and she receives "bribes" in the form of sweets from people trying to move up on the priority list. 

I hope the folks who scoffed at my mentioning of this are reading this comment regarding bribing the sales rep.
http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,3549.msg53521.html#msg53521http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,3752.msg58104.html#msg58104http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,3752.msg58115.html#msg58115

However, some people like the aforementioned are cheap idiots. Nobody wants your $5 Costco tin of cookies. That's a slap in the face, a page ripped from the Realtor playbook. You're better off not giving anything. If you're really trying, this is no time to be cheap. Trust me, the folks whose thank-you gift moved them ahead closer to the top of the call list, put a lot more thought into it than some stale tin of shortbread you've re-gifted from your Great Aunt Martha last Christmas. It is what it is.

It looks like anything above the Tri Pointe Homes price point is having trouble selling. From what I can tell Tri Pointe just increased pricing again via the website.

Back