Selfish, Hateful NIMBYs

acpme said:
You know a thread has gone sideways when the OP starts attacking both people responding in support and against his original thesis.

Don?t forget ? OPs portfolio is earning much more than yours so he cannot be wrong :)

TLDR;

But I saw the "transit infrastructure solution" again.

I don't think people get it. No matter how much "light rail", "monorail", "teleporters" you put into Irvine, that's not going to cut down on the traffic. People love to drive here... and if they can't afford a car... they love to Uber/Lyft.

Also, 5000 new homes won't exactly bring in 10000 cars (I think that's the math those No on B signs are doing)... using BTB's FCB rule, many of those homes are vacant so maybe we are looking at only 5000 more cars. :)

Any discussion of mass transit that ignores the impact of ride sharing would be foolish. Humans by default will prioritize their own comfort and convenience. Big cities with decent public and private (yellow cab) transportation infrastructure are seeing huge disruption from ride sharing. And more cars on the street at all times of day.

Public transit might be cheaper, or even faster, but if it just costs incrementally more to sit in a private car that's what people will do. This is especially so high income areas where people have more means to splurge on ride sharing.

fortune11 said:
Sigh .. another trump loving financial advisor .. someone tell him we already have enough of those on this forum ? where is diversity when you need it :)

But , Seriously you need to chill once in a while ...don?t turn everything from civilized discourse into a hate-fest

I never said I was a financial advisor.  YOU did. 
I never said I loved trump (sic).  YOU did.  I simply recognize that anyone would be better than Hillary Clinton, most likely even you, but don't push your luck.
I am quite cool.  Just because you don't like what I have to say doesn't make what I say a "hate-fest."  Those appear daily in the LA Times letters to the editor, in Huffington Post, on CNN, on MSNBC, and on most fake news venues.

Moreover, NIMBYs, as you appear to be, demonstrate profound hatred of "greedy developers," of new developments, and then they hop in their cars and pick up their kids from school, oblivious to their pronouncements of "hating" traffic. 

When most of us were attending grade, middle, or high school, we walked or rode our bicycles.  Then we drove.  No longer.  Mommy drives her kiddies before protesting about the evil traffic.

@ star ... Man .. are you loud .. must be all that bottled up anger bursting out

Anyway now that you?ve earned your street cred with your resident MAGA tribe on this forum , you can rest easy a bit :)

And I will readily admit that I was mistaken in assuming you were a financial advisor from all that chest thumping about your portfolio

But You may be mistaken as well in assuming that everyone who disagrees w you is to be despised . Nimbys and yimbys are on both sides of the political divide .

That's right. YIMBYs can be left-leaning working class that simply want more development because at some point a saturation of housing will put pressure on prices. YIMBYs can also be right-leaning developers who simply want to be able to build.

fortune11 said:
@ star ... Man .. are you loud .. must be all that bottled up anger bursting out

Speaking my opinion is "loud" to you simply because you don't  like what I have to say.  Whether I disagree with you or not, I won't bring up nonsense arguments like "you're loud" or "bottled up anger bursting out."  I'm not angry.  I'm resentful of the destruction being wrought by selfish NIMBYs, which evidently includes you.  Excuses flood over the transom, along with red herrings and distractions galore. In the end, it's about property rights, and your attempts to subvert them with gang mentality and exaggeration and in the LOUDEST manner possible, at every city council meeting discussing the subject.

And I will readily admit that I was mistaken in assuming you were a financial advisor from all that chest thumping about your portfolio

That was the LEAST of your many mistakes.  And the word is "adviser."

You or one of your pals threw down, trivializing my MBA, and I responded with something that you never expected, all true.  It must smart to be hoist with your own petard.

But You may be mistaken as well in assuming that everyone who disagrees w you is to be despised . Nimbys and yimbys are on both sides of the political divide .

"Despised" is YOUR word, just like you misuse other words and phrases.  Try to get your story straight, will you?  It's very hard for the left and NIMBYs to do.  I know.  I've spent decades battling both categories.

"Despised" applies to the antics and words of Hillary's cadre, like Antifa(da) for instance, and like those who demand that "greedy developers" kowtow to them.

I deeply resent liars, and NIMBYs lie through their teeth all the time, just as Leftists do.
Both think that as long as they are good and true, they can say and do as they please to further their *noble* cause. 

@star

Looks like you believe your own bs

Well then .. Keep battling on this Forum ... you are in good company w stamina to keep posting whatever fantasy wars you are fighting .

Just try to be a bit more creative (so we can at least be amused a little bit) than just regurgitating the same tired talking points all the time . Hope you will learn a little bit from others. Good luck :)

fortune11 said:
@star

Looks like you believe your own bs

Such as...

Well then .. Keep battling on this Forum ... you are in good company w stamina to keep posting whatever fantasy wars you are fighting .

Indeed, I am fighting fantasy wars, while YOU are promulgating wisdom, truth, integrity, and all things holy.  You speak like a *progressive* (sic).

Just try to be a bit more creative (so we can at least be amused a little bit) than just regurgitating the same tired talking points all the time . Hope you will learn a little bit from others. Good luck :)

1.  Why don't you start teaching me something - anything.  Give it a try. 
2.  What "tired talking points"?  Why can't you be specific, instead of simply tossing out smartass insults, which are meaningless and petty - uncreative, to use your own jargon.
3.  What mean "we," Tonto?  You think that you can intimidate me by pretending that you represent the majority?  Not very "creative" of you, fortune11.  I can stand alone, and do, often.  You should try it some time, instead of invoking your juvenile "we" business.

No mighty star lord no one can intimidate you

And I will say you are providing a lot of entertainment by making a fool of yourself so keep at it ... even if majority of posters on this board were not left leaning or centrist before , by the time you are done , they will be :)

Back