Security Alarm Systems

annabanana

Anyone have any recommendations?  Our house is not pre-wired.  So I think we would want to go with the wireless sensors.  So far getting quotes in the $40-$45 range for 2-3 yr contracts

ADT came out and installed a wireless system for us.  We got a 100.00 gift card and pay 47.99/month for 2 years.  I went with ADT because I had them in my previous home and they "only" charged 29.99/month back then.  The irony of it all was that a week after I got the system installed, I got a flyer from GE security that advertised something like 19.99/month plus a free wireless system. 

The install looks super easy, took the technician just an hour or so.  The keypad houses the entire system, so all he had to do was run power and install the cellular module (we didn't have a phone jack near the keypad).  If I had to do it all over again, I would look into a DIY system from www.smarthome.com or www.alarmrelay.com.  They only charge like 8.95/month or something and a basic wireless alarm system costs anywhere from 150.00 to 500.00.

In a new construction home, there are many contractors, landscapers, builder, lunch truckers, who are not the typical Irvine crowd.  I've heard horror stories where new homes are broken into, and people just assumed these thieves are supposed to be climbing the fence or be walking around loading flat screen TV's into their trucks.  Maybe after the neighborhood is built out, and my neighbors finish their yards, I'll cancel the service.

Back