Save the Memorial Park! Vote No on Measure B ballot June 5th

Burn That Belly said:
Irvinecommuter said:
1)  PP sold great and reselling pretty well.  BP has taken a little longer but is pretty much sold out.

Sorry but the data disagrees.

I zoomed in on all PP sales in the past 1 year till now and downloaded the data. Then I found the average time on market was 182 days.

Cizabx3.jpg

RmAylDZ.jpg

LOL, you can't do that. I just did the same for 92620 (Stonegate) and the # came out to 200+

rickr said:
So just for the record, I live in Pavilion Park and I voted Yes on B. I agree, with the site off Irvine Blvd, the cemetery will never be built. It will just go into politic hell.

I am actually on your side so don't know what I said that I would vote No. I have no care for ROI because I plan on staying at my house a long time. I actually like the fact that my house looks nothing like a TIC neighborhood Spanish cookie cutter whatever.

To be completely blunt and honest, the agenda I talk about is I feel that TIC has people on payroll that plant information on this and other forums to try to bring down GP/Altair. I guess it's the conspiracist in me.

If you ever go to Eastwood and go into any of the sales office, ask them this, why do you think I should buy in Eastwood vs. other communities in Irvine? The answer that I received is almost identical, as if it is reading from a script. The same script that Burn That Belly written. There is only two players in this town and surely, your conspiracy is believable, that TIC could and would use such a tactic to undermined its opponents during lean time.to move their products.

Burn That Belly said:
Irvinecommuter said:
1)  PP sold great and reselling pretty well.  BP has taken a little longer but is pretty much sold out.

I zoomed in on all PP sales in the past 1 year till now and downloaded the data. Then I found the average time on market was 182 days.

Too lazy to look but new houses completely skews that data point. 

I get about average 100 days on the market from here...65 days in April.
https://www.neighborhoods.com/pavilion-park-irvine-ca

Compressed-Village said:
rickr said:
So just for the record, I live in Pavilion Park and I voted Yes on B. I agree, with the site off Irvine Blvd, the cemetery will never be built. It will just go into politic hell.

I am actually on your side so don't know what I said that I would vote No. I have no care for ROI because I plan on staying at my house a long time. I actually like the fact that my house looks nothing like a TIC neighborhood Spanish cookie cutter whatever.

To be completely blunt and honest, the agenda I talk about is I feel that TIC has people on payroll that plant information on this and other forums to try to bring down GP/Altair. I guess it's the conspiracist in me.

If you ever go to Eastwood and go into any of the sales office, ask them this, why do you think I should buy in Eastwood vs. other communities in Irvine? The answer that I received is almost identical, as if it is reading from a script. The same script that Burn That Belly written. There is only two players in this town and surely, your conspiracy is believable, that TIC could and would use such a tactic to undermined its opponents during lean time.to move their products.

Why would that be a conspiracy?  It's basically a way for you to sell your product versus another.  If you got a BMW dealership..they are going to talk down the competition.

Since we are talking about PP in GP. What?s up with the Parsol Park Zip Line? Another free amenity to use.

Irvinecommuter said:
Happiness said:
Irvinecommuter said:
Burn That Belly said:
The money for the ARDA cemetery was already earmarked. The city council voted on it way back in 2014. Then residents nearby whined (the "everyone" crowd that IHS was referring to actually exists because they actually DO CARE about ROI ! Well how 'bout that ?!).  Then 5Point said "Oh shat, not our ROI too!" Let's do a swap deal!".  And then here we are today.

I am slowly, slowly uncovering the truth that "care" and "ROI" do exists amongst the TI community.  ;)  Isn't that shocking.

Again...PP started selling in 2013 and planning for GP started way before then.  I am not seeing any articles about ARDA until 2014 and the funding wasn't approved until later.

I am not trying to be contrarian but again...I have been following Irvine RE for a long time and I have heard of any possibility of a memorial until 2014.  If you can find me a link or article showing me something different, I appreciate it.

I'm not sure why ROI is not a proper consideration for homebuyers.  We all like ROI.

The City Council decision in 2014 was simply to approve the location of the veterans cemetery. Before the Navy sold El Toro, veterans groups lobbied the Navy hard for a cemetery at El Toro so the Navy decided that whoever bought El Toro would have to put a veterans cemetery there. That there would be a veterans cemetery somewhere on the El Toro based was part of the 2005 sale agreement Lennar and the Navy. Lennar and 5P was hoping they could stall the cemetery as long as possible but events in Sacramento in 2014 forced the City to act.

Sure...I don't think anyone is objecting to a memorial...more about the location of the memorial.  I see nothing to indicate that the memorial would in the middle of the residential area of GP and next to the HS.

Yes, it's true a veterans cemetery in the strawberry field would satisfy 5P's obligation to the Navy because the strawberry field is part of the old El Toro base.  So this begs the question why didn't 5P do the swap before the City got all the approvals in 2014?

Burn That Belly said:
Irvinecommuter said:

Cizabx3.jpg

RmAylDZ.jpg

Are we sure days on redfin data is accurate?

Take this example:https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/143-Yellow-Daisy-92618/home/51682984

Listed Aug 1st
Closed Oct 13th
but says days on redfin as 238 days.

And another.https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/126-Yellow-Daisy-92618/home/51682508

Same time frame.  Listed Aug.  Sold Oct.  234 days on redfin

Irvinecommuter said:
Compressed-Village said:
rickr said:

Why would that be a conspiracy?  It's basically a way for you to sell your product versus another.  If you got a BMW dealership..they are going to talk down the competition.

The conspiracy is we all talk and discuss in general. All talk in general except for 1 individual pushing really hard for all TIC products and especially for Delano. Connect the dots.

Happiness said:
Irvinecommuter said:
Happiness said:
Irvinecommuter said:
Burn That Belly said:
The money for the ARDA cemetery was already earmarked. The city council voted on it way back in 2014. Then residents nearby whined (the "everyone" crowd that IHS was referring to actually exists because they actually DO CARE about ROI ! Well how 'bout that ?!).  Then 5Point said "Oh shat, not our ROI too!" Let's do a swap deal!".  And then here we are today.

I am slowly, slowly uncovering the truth that "care" and "ROI" do exists amongst the TI community.  ;)  Isn't that shocking.

Again...PP started selling in 2013 and planning for GP started way before then.  I am not seeing any articles about ARDA until 2014 and the funding wasn't approved until later.

I am not trying to be contrarian but again...I have been following Irvine RE for a long time and I have heard of any possibility of a memorial until 2014.  If you can find me a link or article showing me something different, I appreciate it.

I'm not sure why ROI is not a proper consideration for homebuyers.  We all like ROI.

The City Council decision in 2014 was simply to approve the location of the veterans cemetery. Before the Navy sold El Toro, veterans groups lobbied the Navy hard for a cemetery at El Toro so the Navy decided that whoever bought El Toro would have to put a veterans cemetery there. That there would be a veterans cemetery somewhere on the El Toro based was part of the 2005 sale agreement Lennar and the Navy. Lennar and 5P was hoping they could stall the cemetery as long as possible but events in Sacramento in 2014 forced the City to act.

Sure...I don't think anyone is objecting to a memorial...more about the location of the memorial.  I see nothing to indicate that the memorial would in the middle of the residential area of GP and next to the HS.

Yes, it's true a veterans cemetery in the strawberry field would satisfy 5P's obligation to the Navy because the strawberry field is part of the old El Toro base.  So this begs the question why didn't 5P do the swap before the City got all the approvals in 2014?

I can't speak to 5 points or what they thought but it seems like the vote sort of came out of nowhere.

yup...looks like January 2014 is when things got started
https://savetheveteranscemetery.org/timeline

Burn That Belly said:
rickr said:
LOL, you can't do that. I just did the same for 92620 (Stonegate) and the # came out to 200+

Of course I can. Why can't I? It's an average.  I'm showing how fast they're flying off the shelf.  ;)

Avg can be easily skewed.  What's the mode for # of days?

bones said:
Burn That Belly said:
Irvinecommuter said:

Cizabx3.jpg

RmAylDZ.jpg

Are we sure days on redfin data is accurate?

Take this example:https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/143-Yellow-Daisy-92618/home/51682984

Listed Aug 1st
Closed Oct 13th
but says days on redfin as 238 days.

And another.https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/126-Yellow-Daisy-92618/home/51682508

Same time frame.  Listed Aug.  Sold Oct.  234 days on redfin
The days on redfin is not how many days the house was listed for before it sold.  It is simply telling you how many days ago it was listed, regardless of when it sold.  If you look at homes sold 5 years ago, it may have 1800 days on redfin.

Burn That Belly said:
Burn That Belly said:
B-City of Irvine, Ordinance No. 17-08, Facilitating Veterans
Completed Precincts: 101 of 101
Vote Count Percentage
Yes 9,099 36.9%
No 15,577 63.1%

The above was Tuesdays vote count by polling station by 12AM next morning.

Today, found out my mail in ballot was counted and they have updated the numbers a bit.

Yes 9,957 36.9%
No 16,999 63.1%

Yes gained 858 more mail-in votes but No?s got 1442 more. How bout that. Battle at the booths was the same battle in the mail.

MAGA!

I am still not sure what Measure B has to do with MAGA.

Back