Santa Cruz at WE

Again... I'm not sure if this applies to detached condos as the code specifically points out *single family* detached.

Otherwise, the older detached condos in Woodbury with 1-car garages would be in violation as they only have 1 covered space instead of the 2 indicated by the code.

jumpcut said:
I'm warning you guys...this thread is slipping dangerously into kpop territory.
You know you are on the edge of your seat trying to find out if Santa Cruz is "illegal". Go kpop OCR... BK was the one who brought this up in the first place (and I have no idea why aj is so obsessed with it... it's not like he lives in Santa Cruz).

Patrick Star said:
jumpcut said:
You're just lucky Patrick is otherwise occupied these days, or this thread would already have been kpop blasted into smithereens...

Much like G Dragon, I'm just like a butterfly....fly, fly away.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_k0GsfWrNh0[/youtube]

Bad imitation of Tim Burton movies???

qwerty said:
Cmon - does the parking code thing really matter? It is pretty simple, either BK was wrong or they got some sort of exemption.  Either way, there is no code violation! Who cares.
Exactly, even if the code was going to be violated TIC can just go to the City of Irvine and get an a variance approved which will trump the required.  This is a non issue.

Blueberry East said:
So what would happen when the city finds out about the parking violation?

Use a bulldozer and demolish all houses in WB and WBE?

Imagine all the WB millionaires being homeless.

Bailout only for WBE please.
Nothing is gonna get bulldozed.  TIC got the variance approvals they needed to get from the City...end of story.  Last time I checked, the City of Irvine and TIC were joined at the hip.

USCTrojanCPA said:
Nothing is gonna get bulldozed.  TIC got the variance approvals they needed to get from the City...end of story.  Last time I checked, the City of Irvine and TIC were joined at the hip.

Just means that WE around Santa Cruz will be slightly more crowded.  It's only on the remaining plan 3's, so it should not make a huge difference.  However, if the exemption becomes a new way of doing things, then things will get much more crowded.

Irvine2Irvine said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
Just means that WE around Santa Cruz will be slightly more crowded.  It's only on the remaining plan 3's, so it should not make a huge difference.  However, if the exemption becomes a new way of doing things, then things will get much more crowded.
Of course they'll get more crowded.  TIC is trying to maximize their profit by squeezing as many residential units per acre as they, even if that means having to get variance approvals to trump State and/or County requirements to do so.  People wanting new homes with the traditional street frontage and elbow room with a decent sized lot will be paying a higher and higher premium for it.  We see where TIC is going with SFR units...it's gonna be alley loaded or be on a motor court. 

[/quote]
[/quote]

I think it is less than 100 feet from the curb to the frontage of each of these plan 3.  Therefore, TIC does not need any variance approvals. The pdf said 100 feet from the frontage  of the house to  the curb side.

Anyone know the pricing history for Santa Cruz Plan 3?  Right now the price is 722k w/ free conservatory or $25k credit.  From the older posts is seems like it would be cheaper to purchase now rather than 9 months ago.

Also, anyone have insight why SC is selling so poorly vs. Montecito?  I understand the SFR vs. detached condo argument, but the price differential is more than 100k!!

woodburyowner said:
Anyone know the pricing history for Santa Cruz Plan 3?  Right now the price is 722k w/ free conservatory or $25k credit.  From the older posts is seems like it would be cheaper to purchase now rather than 9 months ago.

Also, anyone have insight why SC is selling so poorly vs. Montecito?  I understand the SFR vs. detached condo argument, but the price differential is more than 100k!!
Woodbury East vs. Woodbury is another reason for the lower price.

With the new 4/3 configuration for Plan 3, I am seriously thinking about picking one up.  I've been looking at older resales as well and can't seem to find any decent alternatives - 4bdrm/3bath/~722k.  I really wanted Montecito, but I just can't justify the extra 100k asking price.  Any suggestions on other homes that meet my criteria?

woodburyowner said:
With the new 4/3 configuration for Plan 3, I am seriously thinking about picking one up.  I've been looking at older resales as well and can't seem to find any decent alternatives - 4bdrm/3bath/~722k.  I really wanted Montecito, but I just can't justify the extra 100k asking price.  Any suggestions on other homes that meet my criteria?
Have you considered West Irvine?  What about Portola Springs (Cesaro and Sevilla)?  Portola Springs will have a pricing premium to Woodbury East in the future.  The amount of inventory is low right now as we are at the seasonal low point of listing (you'll begin to see more homes come onto the market starting in mid-Jan).  One of my buyers picked up a 4bed/3bath home in West Irvine in the mid 600s with no HOA and very low Mello Roos (they canceled their contract on Coronado to buy the home).  Let how the Spring and Summer unfolds before you pull the trigger.  Worst case scenario, you can also buy a home over at Santa Cruz but with more incentives.

I drove over to PS the other day and it just felt a bit far from everything.  I've lived in WB for the past 5 years so I'm used to the convenience of this location.  Can you give some suggestions on some West Irvine communities?  The ones I've seen are built in the late 80s/early 90s and usually require some remodeling.  Once you factor the remodel cost in, the price is just a tad less than purchasing new (ignoring the non existent lot size).

I like your suggestion on waiting for the spring/summer since I was thinking the exact same thing.  I'm in no rush to purchase since I already own in WB and plan to rent out my place once I buy again.  The incentives at SC are getting better as the months go by so hopefully I can get a deal that I just can't pass up.

Are there any signs of builders giving "special" deals to buyers to make the sale happen? 

woodburyowner said:
I drove over to PS the other day and it just felt a bit far from everything.  I've lived in WB for the past 5 years so I'm used to the convenience of this location.  Can you give some suggestions on some West Irvine communities?  The ones I've seen are built in the late 80s/early 90s and usually require some remodeling.  Once you factor the remodel cost in, the price is just a tad less than purchasing new (ignoring the non existent lot size).

I like your suggestion on waiting for the spring/summer since I was thinking the exact same thing.  I'm in no rush to purchase since I already own in WB and plan to rent out my place once I buy again.  The incentives at SC are getting better as the months go by so hopefully I can get a deal that I just can't pass up.

Are there any signs of builders giving "special" deals to buyers to make the sale happen? 
PS feels a little far because it isn't connected up with the rest of Irvine yet...once they build out Stonegate (or whatever they call) and PS gets built out with schools and a shopping center it won't feel so disconnected.  You have to think longer term if you are going to buy, and PS in my mind is one of the few Villages that might see some upside pricing as it gets built out.  For now, PS is just kinda out there with some homes there and some homes there.  Remember that TIC hasn't flexed their marketing muscle with PS yet.  Mark my words, PS will be the poor man's Quail Hill in 5+ years.

As for West Irvine, the homes were mostly built from 1998 to 2001.  Some of the homes don't have an HOA while others have a small HOA of $55/mo and the Mello Roos is around $1,500/yr.  Some of the nice tracts are Glen Willows, Ivywood, Heritage, Briarwood, etc.  My buyer picked up a home in Glen Willows that needs some updating and they spent around $20k. 

With the seasonal lack of inventory, it might be a good idea to wait to see how the Spring/Summer unfolds as more properties hit the market.  As for builders incentives, I was able to get one of my buyers a price below the list price along with other incentives.  I can't see why the incentives won't get better and better as the inventory levels increase.

irvinehomeowner said:
Mark my words, PS will be the poor man's Quail Hill in 5+ years.

The fire did get really close in 2008 and that size of that dump site really make PS smell like a poor man quail hill.  ;)

i still dont understand why people point out negatives to Portola as is if those same negatives dont apply to Woodbury. PS is only about 1 mile away from WB.

qwerty said:
i still dont understand why people point out negatives to Portola as is if those same negatives dont apply to Woodbury. PS is only about 1 mile away from WB.
Because they want to make themselves feel better for buying in Woodbury versus buying in Portola Springs.  Can't wait till I'm proven right. 

qwerty said:
mikeirvine said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Mark my words, PS will be the poor man's Quail Hill in 5+ years.

The fire did get really close in 2008 and that size of that dump site really make PS smell like a poor man quail hill.  ;)
Yeah and that's because Woodbury is so far from Portola Springs, right?  haha  Would you like to make a friendly little wagger that on 1/1/17 Portola Springs will have homes selling equal to or over the price/sf as Woodbury? 

Back