Santa Clara @ Stonegate

kinetics said:
Most attached products have a CR&R clause that prevents you from putting in hard flooring on the stairs.

When I was about the purchase in Treo @ Woodbury, it was in the CR&R.

When that fell through and I was about to purchase in Santa Barbara @ Woodbury, it was in the CR&R.

I think unless you live in a detached product, it will be in the CR&Rs.  And yes, it's to prevent your neighbors from hearing you when you go up/down the stairs and vise versa.

The stairs i can understand.  but what about the rest of the unit?  great room, bedrooms etc??

couplebuyers said:
The stairs i can understand.  but what about the rest of the unit?  great room, bedrooms etc??

specifically for my cousin's unit/development it was only the stairs, but where neighbors are above and below you, i can see them having that restriction also.

I would imagine they could have restrictions of second floor installations for attached units for the same noise reason as stairs. Hard flooring transfers sounds to the walls quite easily... especially on the 2nd floor even with a sub-floor installation.

Even in an attached home... I wouldn't want to put hardwood on the 2nd floor due to noise.

Phase three is supposedly being released in the coming weeks.  Any guess on what the pricing will be?  Think the plan 2 will go up another 15k?

I went by the design center today and asked why the plan 3 has carpet.  They said that even though there is a concrete subfloor, the plan 3 is not allowed to have any flooring besides carpet.  The kitchen, baths and entry are the only places you can have tile or wood.

Seems crazy to pay 410k and have someone else tell you what type of flooring you can or cant have.

couplebuyers said:
I went by the design center today and asked why the plan 3 has carpet.  They said that even though there is a concrete subfloor, the plan 3 is not allowed to have any flooring besides carpet.  The kitchen, baths and entry are the only places you can have tile or wood.

Seems crazy to pay 410k and have someone else tell you what type of flooring you can or cant have.

You can pay over $1 Million and still be told things you can't do.  Don't feel this sense of entitlement because you can borrow $410k from the bank.

couplebuyers said:

May not be very nice, but it makes sense.  The Plan 3's are directly over the Plan 1's, while Plan 2's are above the garages. 

Their subfloor must not be thick enough to handle the reverb?

Noma said:
couplebuyers said:

You can pay over $1 Million and still be told things you can't do.  Don't feel this sense of entitlement because you can borrow $410k from the bank.

Sense of entitlement? More like common sense.

Knowing the restrictions on a condo helps a person make an informed decision. For some people, the option cost of being able to choose your own flooring is a lot different than other people.

LAtoOC said:
Noma said:
couplebuyers said:

Sense of entitlement? More like common sense.

Knowing the restrictions on a condo helps a person make an informed decision. For some people, the option cost of being able to choose your own flooring is a lot different than other people.

A lot of Condos have restrictions on flooring, especially if someone lives below you. 

Went by the sales office on Tuesday.  It looked like they had still only sold 6 of the first 12 units.  All 4 of the plan 2s but only one each of the plan 1 and 3.  They are offering the broker co op like the rest of stonegate.  What else will they do to move more units?  Design center credit?  Drop the pricing?  Any predictions from the experts out there?

couplebuyers said:
IndieDev said:
couplebuyers said:
Drop the pricing? 

Bingo.

Can they drop the price itself directly having already sold units at the current price or will they have to offer discounts in some other way? Closing costs etc?  Thanks for the response.

They can do anything they want, it just depends on how much they want to cut their losses.

I know TIC's 2011 product isn't selling very quickly. Patience is a virtue if you're a buyer.

It looks like all of TIC's 2011 new developments in Stonegate are in Phase 3 or 4, 3 months after their grand opening. The current pace of sales may not be as fast as back in 2010 but it does not look too bad either given the competition from other builders in Portola springs and Woodbury (albeit already existing in 2010) and TIC's own broader product offering compared to 2010. Is it really bad in 2011? Is it as bad as the resale market?  truthfully wondering...

so the pace is 1 phase every month. For example San Mateo has 20 phases so it would take closer to 2 years to finish. I thought most of the Woodbury homes (not Woodbur East) sold out in 4 months or so.

akula1488 said:
so the pace is 1 phase every month. For example San Mateo has 20 phases so it would take closer to 2 years to finish. I thought most of the Woodbury homes (not Woodbur East) sold out in 4 months or so.
They may have opened phase 3 or 4 but that doesn't mean all the homes from the previous phases were sold out.  Also, the lower priced homes will tend to seller at a quicker price than their higher priced counterparts.  The lower the price points, the larger the buyer pool.

The pace for Santa Clara seems to be a little more than a month per phase so far.  The plan 2s have all sold but they have only sold one each of the 1 and 3.  It seems like it would be hard for them to justify releasing more phases with only half of the current units sold. 

Just received an email from ipac pushing the plan 1 as the only single living available in any of the new developments.  This is the least expensive unit but is the least popular judging by sales.  What is the biggest disadvantage to this unit?  IMO the fact that the second bath isn't a full prevents the optional den from being used as a guest room.

couplebuyers said:
Just received an email from ipac pushing the plan 1 as the only single living available in any of the new developments.  This is the least expensive unit but is the least popular judging by sales.  What is the biggest disadvantage to this unit?  IMO the fact that the second bath isn't a full prevents the optional den from being used as a guest room.

Maybe in iPac developments...  because what about San Carlos Court in PS?  From what I've seen, one bedroom units are the first to be slaughtered when prices fall and it's what..15-20% more for a legit 2-bedroom there?  Seems like a no-brainer

Back