Rosemont by K. Hovanian Homes at Beacon Park

USCTrojanCPA said:
Irvine Dream said:

And now there is blood in the water....I hope all of your perspective buyers understand that you are in a position of power...use that power accordingly.  As the standing inventory piles up, expect more price drops and other incentives to move built homes.
There are now several Rosemont Home with $80K price reduction and Silvermist homes with $90K price reduction on Redfin.  May have to reconsider my options now ...then again these homes have 6" Kitchen backsplash and white tiled bathrooms, looks like KHOV has no clue on decorating these, otherwise for the yard size and square footage wise the price is great. 

The price corrections get one of the projects into the relevant ballpark. I actually stopped by yesterday based upon the price decrease and was pestering about why no plan 3 releases and than today saw they did it. Still, in my opinion, on the slightly high side, given the mella roos, but far closer to the actual playing field, imo.  Stuff will sell at these price points (maybe not fly of the racks sell but they'll see some movement, imo). 

I thought the Plan 3 was 1.21 or something around those lines (maybe I'm wrong). 

Irvine Dream said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
Irvine Dream said:

And now there is blood in the water....I hope all of your perspective buyers understand that you are in a position of power...use that power accordingly.  As the standing inventory piles up, expect more price drops and other incentives to move built homes.
There are now several Rosemont Home with $80K price reduction and Silvermist homes with $90K price reduction on Redfin.  May have to reconsider my options now ...then again these homes have 6" Kitchen backsplash and white tiled bathrooms, looks like KHOV has no clue on decorating these, otherwise for the yard size and square footage wise the price is great.
Unless I'm mistaken, I thought the bathrooms come standard with quartz or something like that.  Or are you talking about the shower? 

Bullsback said:
The price corrections get one of the projects into the relevant ballpark. I actually stopped by yesterday based upon the price decrease and was pestering about why no plan 3 releases and than today saw they did it. Still, in my opinion, on the slightly high side, given the mella roos, but far closer to the actual playing field, imo.  Stuff will sell at these price points (maybe not fly of the racks sell but they'll see some movement, imo). 

I thought the Plan 3 was 1.21 or something around those lines (maybe I'm wrong).

I still think they are overpriced.  Now instead of being just insanely overpriced, its just a little less insanely overpriced...

hello said:
Bullsback said:

I still think they are overpriced.  Now instead of being just insanely overpriced, its just a little less insanely overpriced...

Agreed, but that's just the price, not considering the double mello roos compounding annually at 2%.

hello said:
Bullsback said:

I agree with you, but I think they are now "overpriced" in the sense that they'll at least generate some sales. Previously they were belong in the WTF real estate thread (as are a lot of BP's SFR's).  I think they should have started these things right around 400/ft on the SFR's considering the mella roos, etc. 

Yep, totally agree.
Need some incentive, modest pricing to get the ball rolling on the first phase, jack up later phases if it's hot, if there's demand for it.
Because people do notice the high MR, and even the Hoa isn't cheap either compared to other similar communities.

The problem is that once you start with stupid high prices, it just turns people off.  Now I feel like they will have to overshoot on the price reductions to generate some buzz.  Ill make a bold prediction.  Drop another 10% and then the people may come... 

Finally saw these.

The Plan 2 for $1.1m is decent, esp now that they have the loft option over the foyer.

Still wish there was a 2nd dining/living space on the 1st floor.

Back