Retail Openings and Closures

Smashburger finally opened last weekend near Big 5.
http://www.yelp.com/biz/smashburger-irvine

Haven't been there yet. When I first had one at Aliso Viejo I thought they were pretty good but went to the on in Mission Viejo Mall recently and did not really like it... everything was too salty.

It's interesting because there have been no burgers place in the central part of Irvine and now there is a Smashburger and soon to be open Mooyah.

i'll wait awhile before trying them, seems like typical soft open logistics issues right now.  For now, The Habit and In N Out will be our go to burger joints

A new friend of mine is opening a Bonchon Korean style fried chicken place very soon. It will be at Jamboree and Main. I haven't tried any of its competition around here, but I'm hoping this place is the real deal.

remote access said:
A new friend of mine is opening a Bonchon Korean style fried chicken place very soon. It will be at Jamboree and Main. I haven't tried any of its competition around here, but I'm hoping this place is the real deal.

So will TI members get a discount?  ;)

remote access said:

Are you talking about Bonchon Chicken in the Souplantation/Boudin's plaza? Is there an ETA for the opening? My wife and I saw this a few months ago but haven't seen or heard anything further. We've been to the Bonchon in Sunnyvale and have been eagerly awaiting the opening of this location.

RibEye said:
ps9 said:
Can it be true?  A Jollibee in Irvine?  Inside Seafood City (opening soon).  Need some ChickenJoy now!

Awesome. Looking forward to reliving my childhood!

Just drive to Anaheim or Cerritos :p  But it would be awesome to have Filipino foods in Irvine so that we don't have to drive far when we are craving for one. 

RibEye said:
remote access said:

Are you talking about Bonchon Chicken in the Souplantation/Boudin's plaza? Is there an ETA for the opening? My wife and I saw this a few months ago but haven't seen or heard anything further. We've been to the Bonchon in Sunnyvale and have been eagerly awaiting the opening of this location.

Have you tried 99 Chicken at Sunnyvale/Santa Clara?? bombdiggity!

RibEye said:
remote access said:

That's the one.  It will probably open next month sometime.  They've run into a few setbacks with construction.

FARMMMMMIE said:
RibEye said:
remote access said:

Have you tried 99 Chicken at Sunnyvale/Santa Clara?? bombdiggity!

Agreed! My sister lives in that area and we used to go to 99 Chicken whenever I was in town for a visit. Now, we go back and forth between 99 Chicken and Bonchon.

Jin Jin (formerly Chin Chin) in the Marketplace has closed down.

I liked their food (a bit expensive) but they just didn't seem to get enough business.

Went to Joanne's Fabrics the other day and noticed this huge construction going on off of Armstrong. I thought it was another strip mall - turns out it is a new Montessori school, Milestone Montessori:
http://www.milestonesmontessori.com/

The building is huuuge! It's a preschool - 3rd grade program and by the looks of it, seems like there is a ton of money being made in early education.

We need really think about opening up one of those schools, already got the name ready:

Golden 888 Montessori :)

irvinehomeowner said:
Went to Joanne's Fabrics the other day and noticed this huge construction going on off of Armstrong. I thought it was another strip mall - turns out it is a new Montessori school, Milestone Montessori:
http://www.milestonesmontessori.com/

The building is huuuge! It's a preschool - 3rd grade program and by the looks of it, seems like there is a ton of money being made in early education.

The school is built. Just waiting on the certificate of occupancy from irvine. They expect to open sometime in November.

Back