Retail Openings and Closures

Taverna Blu (Greek Restaurant at the Irvine Spectrum) is closed. Notice on the building was a petition for ownership change so maybe someone else assumed the lease?

Irvinecommuter said:
paperboyNC said:
Taverna Blu (Greek Restaurant at the Irvine Spectrum) is closed. Notice on the building was a petition for ownership change so maybe someone else assumed the lease?

Really?  It didn't open that long ago.  An ownership change could just mean that the owner is changing...the restaurant may still be around.

It got decent reviews on Yelp: http://www.yelp.com/biz/taverna-blu-irvine

It's definitely closed. Location is deleted off their website.

irvinehomeowner said:
thatOSguy said:
I really don't know how Buffalo Wild Wings around the corner survives.
Because people don't really go there for the food. :)

I'd agree with this.  People generally go there for the sports and the alcohol.  Food is a distant third.  I would say though that BJ's seems like a much better alternative than BWW.

Hmmm... not big enough to put a Target in there.. they should put a 24 hour fitness!

Irvinecommuter said:
paperboyNC said:
Staples at Woodbury Town Center on Irvine Blvd is closing.

It really made no sense of being there.  Curious what they do with the place...maybe an Asian style market?

it would probably take out Ralphs if that happend.

jmoney74 said:
Irvinecommuter said:
paperboyNC said:

It really made no sense of being there.  Curious what they do with the place...maybe an Asian style market?

We lived at Woodbury when that Ralph's opened and I remember going there and it being empty.  They would put their deli food on sale at night because there was no traffic.  It's still somewhat of a mess with mesh-mash signage, random Asian products, and a deli that is way way too big. 

Irvinecommuter said:
jmoney74 said:

We lived at Woodbury when that Ralph's opened and I remember going there and it being empty.  They would put their deli food on sale at night because there was no traffic.  It's still somewhat of a mess with mesh-mash signage, random Asian products, and a deli that is way way too big.

Ralphs recently announced three LA area store closings (One in OC off La Paz) and isn't closing this one. I think with the new housing opening up its traffic should be on the upswing.

paperboyNC said:
Irvinecommuter said:
jmoney74 said:

Ralphs recently announced three LA area store closings (One in OC off La Paz) and isn't closing this one. I think with the new housing opening up its traffic should be on the upswing.

I think the Trader Joe's in the same location kills business.  We go to the Pavilion at OH  and like it there much better.  That OH shopping center is going to be packed once OH builds out.

Vinster said:
paperboyNC said:

Good riddance. I had a bad experience with a rude cashier there last month.

lol.. one cashier should make the whole staff suffer?

I enjoy thinking of the possibilities.. then get sad when they open up something worthless.. like how they opened up Stein Mart at the marketplace.

Yep! said:
jmoney74 said:
Hmmm... not big enough to put a Target in there.. they should put a 24 hour fitness!

Already a LA Fitness in Woodbury Town Center
Yeah, LA Fitness most likely has a non-compete provision against have another gym in the center in their lease.

Back