Retail Openings and Closures

Ready2Downsize said:
You know Macys has been in the Laguna Hills Mall for years right? They are staying there, not being added.

Ah, okay. I was actually not aware there is a Macy's there currently. Despite being an O.C. native and resident for thirty-[bleep] years, I'm not sure I've ever actually stepped foot inside the Laguna Hills Mall. At least not as an adult. Well, hopefully in the future it will be less of a dilapidated ghost town to visit and the Macy's might be worth visiting.

They are redoing laguna hills malls again?

Gonna be the second time in my life time...

I once remember mission viejo mall being an empty ghosthouse while laguna hills mall was the better place to go. Was pretty cool back then.

B2FiNiTY said:

I once remember mission viejo mall being an empty ghosthouse while laguna hills mall was the better place to go. Was pretty cool back then.

Yeah...there is a plan to make it more open and localized.
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/laguna-664112-hills-channing.html

It's a pretty sad mall right now...there are not even any restrooms within the mall in itself.  Only thing that I like in there is the Wetzel Pretzel...wife likes the Nordstrom Rack.

Dunkin Donut's opening next week!

The wait is almost over for Irvine fans looking forward to the arrival of East Coast giant Dunkin? Donuts.

The shop, famous for its Boston Kreme and coffee, is opening Feb. 24 at 15415 Jeffrey Road. Doors open at 5 a.m. with the first 100 customers receiving a free travel mug. The first person in line, in both the drive-through lane and in-store, will receive a $250 Dunkin? Donuts gift card.

Free doughnut samples and coffee will be available throughout the day. The shop will have a 24-hour drive-through lane.
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/dunkin-704458-donuts-irvine.html

Passed the store this morning...looks pretty good.  Should have a ton of business as it is right next to IVC.

Someone must know I live in Irvine, I was at Walmart over by the District the other day and saw a sign for Mag's Donuts and Bagels... 'coming soon'.

7-11s and donut stores... what is happening to Irvine?!?

B2FiNiTY said:

Yes but this time they are adding housing... 350 apartments. A 6-story parking structure. A 1 acre park with a river. A luxury movie theater. Dining, entertainment, retail, residential. Getting 40 new tenants plus keeping the old. Going for eclectic storefronts to give it a downtown feel. Possibly a market / food hall. Trying to make it more like a cross between the Spectrum and the Anaheim Packing House.

They definitely have the space. hope it turns out nice. This will definitely take away some biz from mission viejo mall and the spectrum though.

irvinehomeowner said:
Someone must know I live in Irvine, I was at Walmart over by the District the other day and saw a sign for Mag's Donuts and Bagels... 'coming soon'.

I saw that the other day when I was picking up Taco Bell. Having a donut place so close to the house may be an issue for me

qwerty said:
irvinehomeowner said:

I saw that the other day when I was picking up Taco Bell. Having a donut place so close to the house may be an issue for me
Better for me, I can access the qwerTM and donuts at the same time.

qwerty said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Having a donut place close to your house is an issue for you, but having a Taco Bell equally as close isn't? ???

Villager said:
qwerty said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Having a donut place close to your house is an issue for you, but having a Taco Bell equally as close isn't? ???

Taco Bell is necessary for my survival as its part of my regular dinner routine. The doughnuts will just compound things since they will serve as dessert. Although maybe they will close early.

qwerty said:
Villager said:
qwerty said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Taco Bell is necessary for my survival as its part of my regular dinner routine. The doughnuts will just compound things since they will serve as dessert. Although maybe they will close early.

Ohhhhhh here this whole time I thought you were mad because when you get off work at Taco Bell the donut store would be too close by to resist... muhahaha

Huh, Balcony grill closed at DJ.  Food is ok, owned by same people as Class 302 I believe.  How come all TW places never last?

ps9 said:
Huh, Balcony grill closed at DJ.  Food is ok, owned by same people as Class 302 I believe.  How come all TW places never last?

Hi-end Taiwanese food is pretty oxymoronic...Taiwanese food are meant to be relatively cheap and a lot of it.  Balcony never appealed to me.

Wow...that Jamba would be so packed when it was hot out. No idea how it did otherwise, but will miss that place.  Nekter might be healthier, but not near as tasty. 

Golden Spoon Yogurt at the University Center closed, so sad, that was there for years.

Bon Epi Cafe/Bakery will be opening in its place... I wonder if they are going to keep their Diamond Jamboree location open.

Did Smashburger close?

I wouldn't be surprised if it did, there was hardly anyone in there.

That center may not be too good for food places.

Back