Retail Openings and Closures

zubs said:
That BUCA on Jamboree is always packed.  Why would it close?

probably didnt get their lease renewed. TIC takes a % of sales on their leases so probably want to get a higher revenue generator there

qwerty said:
zubs said:

probably didnt get their lease renewed. TIC takes a % of sales on their leases so probably want to get a higher revenue generator there

That place was not well managed either.
The few times we went, there always seemed to be a group of angry customers.

Dom said:
That's some good intel-- are you the owner? 

In Irvine being kid friendly is a must.

Nope - Anacapa resident that drives to Taps Brea every month and plans vacations around craft beer spots.  ;D

I dunno man, The Yardhouse does "OK". ;) Taps will be packed.

OS - they frequently have Bruery beers on tap. With 19 guest taps, they should always have something on from them. Can't wait.

Any idea what they're doing in that Baja Fresh food court area?
I saw it was gated off for construction.

Just the parking lot and fountain area?  Saw that too.  Maybe more outside seating?  That would help with Class 302 opening soon, make the stinky tofu eaters sit outside!

ps9 said:
Just the parking lot and fountain area?  Saw that too.  Maybe more outside seating?  That would help with Class 302 opening soon, make the stinky tofu eaters sit outside!

Yeah, it looked like it was that seating area.
Was pretty sure they weren't doing anything to fix that disaster of a parking area, but was kinda hoping.

ob1 said:
qwerty said:
zubs said:

That place was not well managed either.
The few times we went, there always seemed to be a group of angry customers.

Yeah, I agree this buca isn't well run.  Customers come in and there is no one at the front for like 5 minutes at a time.

to echo

i've preordered there twice for pick up.. large party.  Had to wait over 30 minutes both times after the time they told me to come pick it up.

OS said:
If you took Cucina Enoteca out of Spectrum, the Marketplace (post these changeouts) would reign as the #1 dining destination in Irvine.

Problem is, C-E is just that good.

Marketplace is the best place to eat. Although it's in Tustin. Can't beat the carls jr, Taco Bell, in n out trifecta.

WTTCMN said:
OS said:
If you took Cucina Enoteca out of Spectrum, the Marketplace (post these changeouts) would reign as the #1 dining destination in Irvine.

I'm a fan too. Although it does sometimes miss on the rare occasion (but I guess that can be said of any restaurant). This is the only restaurant my newport /cdm friends will trek over to "far far" irvine for.
I'm gonna respectfully disagree.  Cucina is all right.  It's a casual sit down place with average food.  I think the Artist's District in Santa Ana blows away all local areas for food, drinks and vibe...but it's in Santa Ana.

OCgasman said:
WTTCMN said:
OS said:

I'm a fan too. Although it does sometimes miss on the rare occasion (but I guess that can be said of any restaurant). This is the only restaurant my newport /cdm friends will trek over to "far far" irvine for.
I'm gonna respectfully disagree.  Cucina is all right.  It's a casual sit down place with average food.  I think the Artist's District in Santa Ana blows away all local areas for food, drinks and vibe...but it's in Santa Ana.

+1

Playground >>> C-E

qwerty said:
OS said:

Marketplace is the best place to eat. Although it's in Tustin. Can't beat the carls jr, Taco Bell, in n out trifecta.

What, no love for The Crazy Chicken? 
Have you not tried the stuffed quesadilla with guac AND bacon?  :eek:

ob1 said:
qwerty said:
OS said:

im not a big fan of chicken, ill eat it if i have to.  they do have that corn pudding that is very very good.

qwerty said:
ob1 said:
qwerty said:
OS said:

im not a big fan of chicken, ill eat it if i have to.  they do have that corn pudding that is very very good.

I'm very concerned about your coronary health. 
I hope you're at least washing those queso dipped fries down with some red wine.

Back