reflection from windows kill plants

sentosa

Ok, this is a weird problem. When the sun shines on the window during the day, the reflection will make a focus point into the yard. Those spots are so hot that it burned the plant, melt the plastic planter containers.
I think somehow the doubled layered window is slightly bent and formed a arch and make this kinds of problem.
So what's the solution here ? I have IP guy come and see the problem and it seems that there is nothing they can do about it.

A friend of mine has a similar problem - the sun reflection off windows melts some of the artificial turf, so it looks a bit like crop circles/lines.

All I can think of as a possible solution is applying some kind of window film to try to diffuse the reflected rays.  Home Depot sells many types of window film, so you can check them out.

And a bit of Google-fu comes up with this:https://www.windowtintla.com/residential/prevent-synthetic-turf-melting-home-window-film/

Good luck!

We were considering replacing regular grass with fake grass. The salesgirl told me that double pane windows can reflect on it and melt it.

We decided to not have it installed.

A lot of places will reinstall / warranty if their is an issue the first time (depends on how hot the grass gets as a result of the flare). My company indicated they'd reinstall for free once but at that point, I'd need to tint the windows if the issue remained. Window tint would completely solve the issue and it is only in situations where the solar burn is hot. Thus far I haven't had any issues and its been a hot summer. 

*knock on wood*. 

Back