Redfin IPO!

USCTrojanCPA said:
Personally, I think the Redfin website is a lot more buyer user friendly and the data on their is much more accurate and almost real time than what you see on Zillow.  I have Zillow calling me monthly asking if I will advertise on their site and I tell them thanks but no thanks as most all of my business is repeat and referral business.

Zillow is great for getting property data, or for getting historical pricing at the city and zip levels (not at the property level via Z'estimates), but yeah I agree that searching listings through their site is haphazard at best.  It's not organized well and the listings are not current.  Redfin's site has been my favorite for the past 10 years.  Zillow became popular by providing bogus Z'estimates during the housing bubble.  People flocked to their site to find out how rich they were getting, but once it became clear how inflated the Z'estimates were, Zillow has struggled to regain that lost credibility.

jmoney74 said:
aquabliss said:
Up 8% this morning!

Did u buy

I'm kicking myself

Nope, also kicking myself.  Up 15% now.  This train's not stopping yet - however if I buy it'll be down 20% tomorrow... seems like too steep of a climb too quickly to buy at this point.

aquabliss said:
jmoney74 said:
aquabliss said:
Up 8% this morning!

Did u buy

I'm kicking myself

Nope, also kicking myself.  Up 15% now.  This train's not stopping yet - however if I buy it'll be down 20% tomorrow... seems like too steep of a climb too quickly to buy at this point.

yeah scary to buy now.  I'm surprised that nobody on TI mentioned IPO date beforehand.  I am Disappoint!  lol

jmoney74 said:
Would have been 50% if we bought day one right?

Not quite that much, I think it was priced at $14 but opened in high $19's so would have been about 30% increase.

I bought when I first read Aqua's post --- then was already up by around 12% yesterday and Moreakos said wait, , so I bailed  :'(  Would have been up another 10% if I hold on  >:D

I'll wait for the dip like everyone else --  the TI folks should be big enough to put some support on this stock if it dips.. hahahahaha

Up 17% today at close... (sigh)  I gotta stop watching this, making me sad waiting for the pullback.

So how much profit does Redfin earn?  Oh, none you say?  Strange.. I thought prices were above pre-recession peaks again, and YoY sales have been doing quite well.  So if Redfin can't earn a profit under these ideal conditions, how do they earn a profit when the next real estate downturn hits?

GH said:
time to go in ??  :-\

I would wait until the next housing recession when Redfin's stock tanks on much lower revenue.  That first press release when they have to lay off agents is going to be a doozy.

Liar Loan said:
So how much profit does Redfin earn?  Oh, none you say?  Strange.. I thought prices were above pre-recession peaks again, and YoY sales have been doing quite well.  So if Redfin can't earn a profit under these ideal conditions, how do they earn a profit when the next real estate downturn hits?

GH said:
time to go in ??  :-\

I would wait until the next housing recession when Redfin's stock tanks on much lower revenue.  That first press release when they have to lay off agents is going to be a doozy.

Did anybody read the geek wire article I previously posted?

Liar Loan said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
It's not about net income or loss, it's about EBITDA.

Is the current EBITDA positive?

I haven't looked closely enough at it.  I'm sure there are a lot of transaction costs rolling through for getting ready to go public.  Almost need adjustment EBITDA excluding one-time costs.

Not sure what to make of this stock.  Wanted to get in once it settled down but still seems quite volatile.

aquabliss said:
Not sure what to make of this stock.  Wanted to get in once it settled down but still seems quite volatile.

just buy BABA and SHOP mang.. don't look back.

Back