Recs for electrician to install a 240v/NEMA 14-50 outlet

eyephone said:
Also, another thing to consider is when you sell your house. The 240 connection is mostly going to come up during the inspection.
Really?  The inspector is going to have a copy of the original mechanical, plumbing and electrical plans with him/her during the inspection, and spend the time comparing them to the entire house, to know if something was added after construction? 

I only compared the job to other electrical jobs.  I said that it's among the easiest electrical jobs to do, which it is (aside from replacing an outlet or breaker by themselves).  You can let the person you hire tell you if it's as easy as planting a plant.  They'll roll their eyes and sigh deeply, and tell you "Oh, no!," as you hand them a check for $50/hr, while thinking to themselves, "but almost". 

Re: charger rebates, read the fine print.  I thought the SCE one at least required a licensed electrician to do the install, though I haven't looked into it to see if/how they verify.

daedalus said:
eyephone said:
Also, another thing to consider is when you sell your house. The 240 connection is mostly going to come up during the inspection.
Really?  The inspector is going to have a copy of the original mechanical, plumbing and electrical plans with him/her during the inspection, and spend the time comparing them to the entire house, to know if something was added after construction? 

I only compared the job to other electrical jobs.  I said that it's among the easiest electrical jobs to do, which it is (aside from replacing an outlet or breaker by themselves).  You can let the person you hire tell you if it's as easy as planting a plant.  They'll roll their eyes and sigh deeply, and tell you "Oh, no!," as you hand them a check for $50/hr, while thinking to themselves, "but almost". 

Re: charger rebates, read the fine print.  I thought the SCE one at least required a licensed electrician to do the install, though I haven't looked into it to see if/how they verify.

That would suck if SCE put that restriction.  The AQMD one surely doesn't and that's the only way I would put in the 240v charger.  Paying additional $550 to have an "electrician" do it and then receiving a rebate for $400 doesn't make a lot of sense.  I'd rather do it myself and not go for the rebate lol. 

daedalus said:
I know better than to suggest to some of the "men" on this forum that they engage in an activity that carries the potential risk of chipping a nail.

Hey... I resemble that remark.

Sounds like a bunch of you have Teslas... how are those Falcon doors?

Back