Recommended Insurer for Home Owner's Insurance

qwerty said:
the only thing i would wonder is if 350K for the dwelling is enough. marigold is about 2K sq ft so that would be about $175 per sq ft to rebuild. not sure what construction costs are for a single home.  I think some have said that it costs TIC or other builders about $100 per sq ft (excluding land costs of course), but TIC and other builders have scale. maybe you just increase your coverage amount 5% per year to keep up with inflation?

That's a good idea.  I'll ask for more coverage later.  Just trying to save in initial costs at the moment.  $175 x 2000 is exactly $350k.  So that's how they came up with the number.  Always wondered.

I use Allied Insurance.. pretty good rates and their customer service has been good. 

*bump*

Wanted to know if anyone could recommend a good independent home insurance broker to pull multiple quotes? A lot of these companies (like Allied, Allstate, etc)... just point to call local agents and hoping to short-cut the trouble by going through a single agent.

Thanks!

PenguinOrange said:
*bump*

Wanted to know if anyone could recommend a good independent home insurance broker to pull multiple quotes? A lot of these companies (like Allied, Allstate, etc)... just point to call local agents and hoping to short-cut the trouble by going through a single agent.

Thanks!

Hi PenguinOrange,

Please PM me and I will give you a few agents that I got quotes from.

Back