Recommendations for Pool Gate Company & Landscaper

JL-CG

Hi all,

My wife and I are looking to install a pool gate and are looking for recommendations of companies and products for this application. We're getting the pool gate for 2 reasons: (1) we've got a kid on the way and (2) for home insurance purposes.

We're not comfortable doing this on our own, so we are looking for recommendations on what company or companies we can contact. On Yelp, I've identified All Safe Pool, Guardian Pool Fence and Nathan's Guardian Removable Pool Fence as companies that have received favorable reviews. Preferably, we would like a gate that is removable.

Secondly, we've got a large planter just behind our pool where the prior owner had planted 3 trees. Unfortunately, those trees dumped a ton of leaves and fruit into the pool, so we cut those trees down. We are now looking for a landscaper (or a landscape architect) to help us plant something new in there. Our primary goal w/ the landscaping is to provide some privacy from our neighbors, and also to hide the brick wall that separates our house from our neighbor's. We don't want to plant anything that will shed too much into our pool, and we are also concerned w/ invasive roots causing havoc to the planter and/or the pool.

In another post, someone had recommended a gentleman by the name of Mahe (I think). Is this something that he can handle? Do people have any other recommendations?

vonwrede said:
Hi, for landscapers you should contact Kendall @ Land Reform Construction.  Hands down he is very good at what he does.  His number is 949-433-6545.  Also you can see his work at his website. http://landreformconstruction.com/

Thank you for the referral, vonwrede. I called Kendall on Saturday and explained what I was looking to have done with the planter. Unfortunately, he advised that this job was too small for his company.

I did have another landscaper come by to take a look, and he recommended having about 15 15-gallon podocarpus trees put in, along with some shrubs, lighting and sprinklers installed. He quoted about $6K for labor and materials. Admittedly, we have no experience with having landscaping done, but that seemed high to us, given that some of our friends paid about $6K for their entire backyard, both hardscape and landscaping.

If anyone has any other recommendations/referrals for a landscaper, I'd appreciate it.

Also, as to the pool fence, I received 4 different quotes, which ranged from $1K to $1,400 for about 50-feet of fence. We will most likely put the fence in after we've completed the landscaping job.

vonwrede said:
Try Resort Style Backyards @ 949-306-5347.  They do all size jobs from 10,000 upto 300,000. http://resortstylebackyards.com/

Thanks vonwrede. We ended up having KS Landscaping do the job. It was a small job and we felt like they met our expectations. Andru has remained in contact with us, even though they completed the job a few months ago, to make sure that the trees and plants are doing well.

As far as pool gates go, we ended up going w/ Kid Safe Pools. The gate's only been up about a month and a half, but we are happy with the final product.

thats great.  is KS located here in South OC?  Always feels good when the landscaper keeps in touch to make sure things are going smoothly.

vonwrede said:
thats great.  is KS located here in South OC?  Always feels good when the landscaper keeps in touch to make sure things are going smoothly.

I believe that they are based out of Riverside county. Andru mentioned that he lived out in Corona.

I also believe that they have done a number of jobs out here in Irvine (possibly in Cypress Village), although I just can't remember the specifics of what I was told (or who here on TI recommended KS to me).

Back