Realtor experience

Most of her clients feel like they made the Wong choice in the end.

- updated to clarify that the above is meant purely as a pun and sarcasm.  I have never met nor done business with Lynn Wong and cannot speak of any personal experience with her.

aquabliss said:

LOL Nice one!!

My friend worked with her once and she was really pushy!  She ended up working with someone else.

I can only tell a story about her (as I've never worked with her) and I tend to think it is a positive story. I wandered into a open house in my neighborhood (bigger house and was mainly casually looking) as at the time we had just recently moved (< 2 years) and hadn't quite thought seriously yet of looking to expand into a bigger place but the price and house at least made me think about jumping on it sooner than I expected.

Anyway, long story short I talked to her for a few minutes (maybe 5 minutes...nothing extensive) but mentioned my story and how I had just moved a few blocks away into a plan X, this tract (was a resale, not knew build, and given at that time, there wasn't a ton of activity), but the house ended up going into escrow in the next few days and than fell out of escrow, anyway maybe 2 or 3 weeks later I get a knock on my door and it was her (I never gave her my address, etc) mentioning the house had fallen out of escrow and wanting to stop by and see if we were interested, etc.  While I suppose I could have been worried that she looked up my story and checked out my address, I was more impressed with her going out of her way to try and get her seller a deal (as I had already told her my father was an agent so it wasn't as if she was going to double-end this deal or even just talk to me and hope to recoup me as a potential client when I looked to move in the future). 

That said, I don't know USCTrojanCPA (a realtor), but he's clearly gotten strong feedback on this site and you can see he does a great job getting transactions closed so I would certainly suggest reaching out to him. 

aquabliss said:
I would hope this is based on some type of experience with her, otherwise that's not so nice...

AW said:
aquabliss said:
I would hope this is based on some type of experience with her, otherwise that's not so nice...

Half of my posts invoke sarcasm.  Even if you don't view this as a pun, it fits.  Just like Bernie voters are making the Sanders choice or Donald voters are making the Trump choice.

As AW said, I hope when everyone is writing posts about a certain individual with known identity, one thinks twice about it and make sure it's based on facts and real experiences.  Freedom of speech doesn't have to be gossip and baseless claim that could cost someone's career or business.  Now, Aquabliss could be 100% true but after reading through that Jo Family landscaping guy's thread, I realized how things can really get out of hand on TI.

Also, I had a chance to meet and sort of work with an agent that several people raved about... well, that agent may be great for others but was not for me and I would not recommend to my family and friends.

As a matter of full disclosure, I have never met, spoken with, nor done business with Lynn Wong. 

I do find it a bit disheartening that this community has gotten so overly sensitive that something which was clearly written in a sarcastic tone is taken completely out of context to the point where some of you actually feel that was meant to be demeaning or impacting. 

And furthermore, you may need to take a look in the mirror first.

AW, in this post:http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,14073.msg282498.html#msg282498
You said the following when talking about Yelp Reviews:
"counter fake good reviews with fake bad reviews."

So you're promoting leaving fake bad reviews for businesses that may or may not deserve them.  Don't you think that's a good way to hurt local businesses that certainly may not deserve it especially without the ability to know who wrote what you feel are the fake good reviews?    I actually remembered reading your comment and I thought about replying to it since I have a lot of friends who are local small business owners and bad reviews really do impact their ability to bring in new customers.  But wait, I'm sure that was just a joke or sarcasm right?  Sorry but that's "not so nice" either.

irvineorbust, in this post:http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,13070.msg276112.html#msg276112
You said the following:
"From a set of Caucasian eyes or any other non-"Asians" you mentioned, they are all same race... "

Basically saying that white people are ignorant (or lazy or dumb) and don't know the different between Chinese/Japanese/Korean, etc.  I'm white and I've been to China, Japan, and Korea and am very aware of the distinct differences between the people and culture in each country.  To me, all Asians are not the same and I don't think your stereotype was a fair one.  But I'm sure it was just a joke so no harm done.

In all honesty, I remember reading both of your posts some time back and could have been offended by either of them but I could tell that you were saying in jest or with a tone of sarcasm, and opted not to take them seriously.

Now, if I would have written a fabrication that I used Ms. Wong as my agent and had a horrible experience due to these specific reasons, then it's a bit more slanderous than making a 1 line sarcastic comment that will surely have no impact on her ability to do business in the future. 

Even now I feel like I'm taking this all too seriously by writing this serious reply. 

I thought all Asians are Chinese but just come from countries called Korea and Japan? Which makes sense because all Asians look the same right?

My quote would imply that it is known if the business have bunch of fake good reviews, nothing is said about just putting bad reviews only, because that wouldn't be nice either. 

Unlike a lot of businesses on yelp, certain occupation relies solely by name, such as an agent, or even politicians as you mentioned.  However politicians expect it, or should expect it.

You obviously have a right to post whatever you want, just differences in opinion when it targets someone specifically by name especially if their occupation is affected by reputation.

You guys are too funny.  Lynn was actually the listing agent on the West Irvine home that I bought back in late 2011.  I think she is a good agent, no games and no BS.  She even admitted that she had a client who wanted to buy the home (it was a short sale) but they put in their offer after I submitted mine.  She got the short sale approved at a price below list price and got the both of us 3% commissions.  She mostly prospects West Irvine and Northpark.  I also walk to her for a bit when I go take buyers to her open houses. 

She sold my house two years ago and I was very pleased with her services. The transaction went very smoothly. She's friendly and knowledgeable about the area. I would use her again if I need to sell my house. As an added bonus, she's fluent in 5 or 6 languages.

USCTrojanCPA said:
You guys are too funny.  Lynn was actually the listing agent on the West Irvine home that I bought back in late 2011.  I think she is a good agent, no games and no BS.  She even admitted that she had a client who wanted to buy the home (it was a short sale) but they put in their offer after I submitted mine.  She got the short sale approved at a price below list price and got the both of us 3% commissions.  She mostly prospects West Irvine and Northpark.  I also walk to her for a bit when I go take buyers to her open houses. 

Wow, she turned down a dual agency transaction?  Now that's an agent with morals.  That's a pretty rare story to hear during the short sales days of 2009-2012.

woodburyowner said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

Wow, she turned down a dual agency transaction?  Now that's an agent with morals.  That's a pretty rare story to hear during the short sales days of 2009-2012.

Yup, gotta give her props for not being a typical greedy realtard. 

Just like one shoe doesn't fit all feet, same goes with agents.  Every agent has a different style and personality which won't be a good fit for all clients.  That being said, there is plenty of business to go around to good agents. 

Aquabliss maybe little sensitive this time.. ;).  I ever said no sarcasm or generalization.  My post was specifically about posting for a  particular person with known identity.  It hurts when others talk about you (and I didn't even say anything really bad about aquabliss)???  😉

>:D
aquabliss said:
AW said:
aquabliss said:

Half of my posts invoke sarcasm.  Even if you don't view this as a pun, it fits.  Just like Bernie voters are making the Sanders choice or Donald voters are making the Trump choice.

Sounds like defamation of character. Think about it, this is how that person makes her money.

Note: I never met the realtor the Op is talking about.

Back