Real estate broker

msuum

Hello everyone, I just passed my real estate license examination and thinking to get a sponsoring broker. I know many of you on this site have experience in the real estate business.  Anyone has any suggestions on which broker in Irvine area is good to start with. Many thanks...

congrats on passing.

you should now be receiving a flood of broker mailings heh.

i think it really depends on how you want to go about your real estate business. want a lot of hand holding/help with lead? big brokerages may be the place to start (regional big ones will work too)

already have an established source (or can acquire a source of lead?) finding smaller, flat-rate brokerages may be the key to retaining most of your commission.

Msuum,

Congratulations on passing your California real estate state exam.  In adding to what Capaboba mentioned about how you want to go about your real estate business, you also want to figure what niche you think you will be strong at. You can decide to become a strong retail agent/broker or a strong investment agent / broker.  Michael Dunn, Monica Carr, Jenny Ikeda, and Carol Ko are examples of very successful retail agents in Irvine who buy and sell homes for their local retail client. If this is the path you want to go, I would highly recommend a large retail brokerage like Keller Williams where the training for the first year agent is very good.

If your interest is more in investment real estate, I would look for a boutique investment brokerage in your area who specializes in the investment niche and try shadow under the broker. The California Broker License is a valuable license if you plan on going the investment brokerage route.

An investment broker should have extensive knowledge and competence in real estate investing (should own a portfolio of investments himself), taxation, depreciation, property management, financing, rehab/construction and 1031 exchange. In my experience, it is very difficult to become an expert in both retail and investment, so specialization is key as the retail market and investment markets  are full-time jobs by themselves.

Your first year is going to be tough, but you must preserve and seek out for the right mentors. During my first year,  I seeked out mentors in my local area in commercial real estate, investment real estate, top producing retail agents, mortgage brokers, and even wealth managers. The success skills I have observed among the top producers in both retail and investment real estate possess most if not all of these qualities below:

1. Passion and Energy for the Real Estate Business
2. Strong Work Ethic
3. Physicality
4. No sense of entitlement
5. Discipline
6. Networking
7. Perseverence
8. Personal Growth and Development
9. Confidence and Professionalism
10. Competitiveness
11. Goal Orientation
12. Vision
13. Integrity and Trustworthiness

Don't take your successes for granted and continue to work at your profession at all times. Network with everyone you can and read and learn as much as you can about successful deals and entrepreneurs. Finally, treat your profession with respect and grace.

Good luck and Congrats.
Panda

Back