Protester Arrested at Mimi Walter?s Office

Compressed-Village said:
Congrat, you must be the 1% ers.

Not even close, but I do sit in a good spot where my marginal rate drops, my property tax is offsetting most of my losses from the state write off, my kids credit is for two, no AMT for me now and my mortgage interest write off is grandfathered in. My taxes will fall.

morekaos said:
Compressed-Village said:

Not even close, but I do sit in a good spot where my marginal rate drops, my property tax is offsetting most of my losses from the state write off, my kids credit is for two, no AMT for me now and my mortgage interest write off is grandfathered in. My taxes will fall.

Biggest loss for me are the loss of personal exemptions. I also don't see how property taxes could possibly offset the loss of the state income tax write-off?

Previously:
Property Tax + Income Tax

Now
Property Tax only (limited to $10k).

No offset there.

paperboyNC said:
morekaos said:
Compressed-Village said:

Biggest loss for me are the loss of personal exemptions. I also don't see how property taxes could possibly offset the loss of the state income tax write-off?

Previously:
Property Tax + Income Tax

Now
Property Tax only (limited to $10k).

No offset there.

We are in the same boat.

But if you own a private jet plane you can get a tax break. (Under the new proposed tax plan)

This is the biggest joke!

?District 45

Of the seven Democrats challenging Rep. Mimi Walters in a district that reaches from Laguna Hills to Anaheim Hills, three have landed major-league endorsements so far.

UC Irvine law professor Katie Porter launched her campaign in April with the endorsements of Sen. Elizabeth Warren, a mentor since Porter was her student at Harvard, and Sen. Kamala Harris. She?s since picked up the backing of Rep. Lois Frankel, D-FL, EMILY?s List and the Feminist Majority.

Another Harvard-educated UC Irvine law professor, Dave Min, has been endorsed by Rep. Judy Chu, D-Monterey Park, and Fiona Ma, chairwoman of the state Board of Equalization.

Former U.S. Senate aide Kia Hamadanchy has been endorsed by two of his former bosses, Sen. Sherrod Brown, D-OH, and now-retired Sen. Tom Harkin, D-Iowa, as well as former Rep. Mike Honda, D-Walnut Grove. The son of Iranian immigrants has also been endorsed by the Iranian American Political Action Committee.?
http://www.ocregister.com/2017/11/20/heres-whos-backing-whom-in-key-o-c-congressional-races/

?Rep. Mimi Walters (R-Calif.) represents a high-tax Orange County district but voted in favor of the tax bill. She?s now seeking assurances that the state and local property tax issue will be resolved, and said that if the $10,000 deduction can be applied to state taxes, or split between state and local taxes, that?s enough to get her to vote yes.

Walters said she would like to see the deduction higher than $10,000, but understands that?s unlikely to happen because of the high cost it would entail.

Walters acknowledged that her constituents have been concerned about the legislation, particularly the state tax and local taxation issue. ?Tax reform is a complicated issue and it?s taking a lot of education,? Walters said. But she insisted that the bill would ultimately prove a political plus for the GOP despite poor polling numbers.?
https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...c3000-d9fa-11e7-b1a8-62589434a581_story.html?

Can you believe this? If it?s complicates then why did she vote yes!

Back