Proposed cemetery near Great Park and the new Irvine 5th high school

hello said:
eatthis said:
Perspective said:
Wait! What?!? They're gonna stack corpses in the Beacon Park streets next to homes and let them decompose naturally? That's insane. Where's the petition. I'll sign it!

Now you're getting it. No matter how illogical or insane your reason is you are entitled to it. You've earned the right to your insanity.

if you are paying 7 figures a house in Beacon park, you certainly are illogical and insane and you certainly earned a right to be that way...

Or you could not buy at BP.

These building and neighborhood design issues targeting specific ethnic groups make my "Fair Housing" antennae rise. I won't be at all surprised if some aspiring class action plaintiffs attorney files a complaint soon alleging Fair Housing Act violations against a new Irvine development.

I think there were clear Fair Housing advertising violations by Lambert Ranch a few years ago. They sent emails touting all of the FS features of the community, including details of an FS consultant  who buried jade in strategic locations throughout the neighborhood.

Reference:
42 USCS ? 3604. Discrimination in the sale or rental of housing and other prohibited practices.
it shall be unlawful--
(b) To discriminate against any person in the terms, conditions, or privileges of sale or rental of a dwelling, or in the provision of services or facilities in connection therewith, because of race, color, religion, sex, familial status, or national origin.

(c) To make, print, or publish, or cause to be made, printed, or published any notice, statement, or advertisement, with respect to the sale or rental of a dwelling that indicates any preference, limitation, or discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, or national origin, or an intention to make any such preference, limitation, or discrimination.

Perspective said:
These building and neighborhood design issues targeting specific ethnic groups make my "Fair Housing" antennae rise. I won't be at all surprised if some aspiring class action plaintiffs attorney files a complaint soon alleging Fair Housing Act violations against a new Irvine development.

I think there were clear Fair Housing advertising violations by Lambert Ranch a few years ago. They sent emails touting all of the FS features of the community, including details of an FS consultant  who buried jade in strategic locations throughout the neighborhood.

Reference:
42 USCS ? 3604. Discrimination in the sale or rental of housing and other prohibited practices.
it shall be unlawful--
(b) To discriminate against any person in the terms, conditions, or privileges of sale or rental of a dwelling, or in the provision of services or facilities in connection therewith, because of race, color, religion, sex, familial status, or national origin.

(c) To make, print, or publish, or cause to be made, printed, or published any notice, statement, or advertisement, with respect to the sale or rental of a dwelling that indicates any preference, limitation, or discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, or national origin, or an intention to make any such preference, limitation, or discrimination.

Yeah...that's a serious stretch

Perspective said:

Reference:
it shall be unlawful--

You dont work for the ACLU by any chance do you?  you are really reaching for things now.  Just please get over this FS thing.  its a personal choice so I am not sure why you feel so inclined to attack it constantly.

hello said:
Perspective said:

Reference:
it shall be unlawful--

You dont work for the ACLU by any chance do you?  you are really reaching for things now.  Just please get over this FS thing.  its a personal choice so I am not sure why you feel so inclined to attack it constantly.

This thread's subject is the cemetery and why you should sign a petition to prevent it. The issue in this thread is FS. Should people not ask questions as to why they should sign the petition to prevent the cemetery? Would you not ask any questions, much less sign a petition, if someone presented one to you to ban something in your neighborhood and it made no sense to you? What if their sole reason was, "Please sign this because it's my personal preference. I don't wish to add any further explanation"?

We all know you're not going to sign it because you've stated it's illogical. No matter what anyone says you won't believe in it so why keep asking?
Feng Shui is like religion. To some people it doesn't make any sense, to others it makes sense.

It's like someone asking you to go to church but you know you're not gonna go because you don't believe in god. But instead of saying no thank you...you instead keep asking why they go to church.

didn't he say he was an attorney in one of his posts... then all the "whys" make sense.

#irvinedreamfortoday

He probably doesn't want to sign it because he does not want to be associated with something that looks like it's against veterans. By signing the petition, it can have an adverse effect "potentially" with clients, jobs, friends, and if he ever decided to run for an elected position - signing the petition might be used against him.

#dontforceyouropinionsonothers

happytales said:
We all know you're not going to sign it because you've stated it's illogical. No matter what anyone says you won't believe in it so why keep asking?
Feng Shui is like religion. To some people it doesn't make any sense, to others it makes sense.

It's like someone asking you to go to church but you know you're not gonna go because you don't believe in god. But instead of saying no thank you...you instead keep asking why they go to church.

happytales said:

I "keep asking" partly because I really want to know what the FS negatives are to having a cemetery nearby (and how far must a house be from one?), but mainly as a valuable thought exercise for anyone who's trying to get others to agree with them (e.g. join me in fighting the cemetery).

A very similar issue is gay marriage. I don't have a vested interest in the issue, neither do I in Beacon Park's cemetery, but if you tell me you want it banned, expect multiple questions from me requiring you to evaluate and support your position.

Perspective said:
happytales said:

I "keep asking" partly because I really want to know what the FS negatives are to having a cemetery nearby (and how far must a house be from one?), but mainly as a valuable thought exercise for anyone who's trying to get others to agree with them (e.g. join me in fighting the cemetery).

A very similar issue is gay marriage. I don't have a vested interest in the issue, neither do I in Beacon Park's cemetery, but if you tell me you want it banned, expect multiple questions from me requiring you to evaluate and support your position.

awesome guy!

Perspective said:
hello said:
Perspective said:

Reference:
it shall be unlawful--

This thread's subject is the cemetery and why you should sign a petition to prevent it. The issue in this thread is FS. Should people not ask questions as to why they should sign the petition to prevent the cemetery? Would you not ask any questions, much less sign a petition, if someone presented one to you to ban something in your neighborhood and it made no sense to you? What if their sole reason was, "Please sign this because it's my personal preference. I don't wish to add any further explanation"?

are you just asking questions?  You have gone above and beyond just asking questions.  You went as far as to claim that it violates housing laws which we all know is far fetching and actually just ridiculous. 
The original poster only asked to sign if you agreed with the petition.  I understand that you want to clarification which is justifiable.  However your intentions do not appear to be an effort to simply get clarification, but rather to ridicule and marginalize.  Furthermore when you got valid answer, you were dismissive.
I think your intents are clear based on your line of posts.  Unfortunately your line of posts also depict you as a rather intolerant person as it seems that you cannot understand that people have a right to a personal preference, even if it defies logic or your own personal preference. 
In end, to answer your last question, if the original poster said they did not want a cemetery by their house because simply of personal preference, I would consider my own personal preference on this matter and sign if I agreed and not sign if I didn't agree.  Its rather simple as that... 
Now lets move on.

Agreed. Let's bury this topic and place it in its final resting place. If it's exhumed, expect questions to be resurrected.

Perspective said:
Agreed. Let's bury this topic and place it in its final resting place. If it's exhumed, expect questions to be resurrected.
But where do you bury it? If it's too close to TI, the FCBs won't post here anymore.

:)

It's only a proposal right now, but there are talks of moving the cemetery closer to where the 5 meets the 405 as a result of a land swap deal with FivePoint. Supposedly the group fighting for the cemetery likes the newly proposed site better than the currently proposed site on Irvine Blvd, so the deal would benefit both parties involved. This seems like a good solution to the problem, and I hope the city council approves it.
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/cemetery-708565-park-land.html

Attachments

• o47lbk-veteranscemeterypage001.jpg
    o47lbk-veteranscemeterypage001.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 221
irvinehomeshopper said:
Really close to the Spectrum Target.
I'm not personally affected by the Veterans cemetery (I don't live at PP or BP), but I would say that having the cemetery close to a commercial area is a better situation than having it adjacent to a residential area. Plus, the 5-405 interchange completely isolates the two from each other.

Back